GO!

No warning from Litter Genie bags!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '13 2:33pm PST 
Well, I have use the litter Genie for several weeks. I'm getting ready for trash day. I cut off the bag today & thought I would start the new bag, beening this was my tenth bag. But no! It pulled out of the cartridge & it made a half bag. Which is now useless. No warning at all the cartridge was going to be empty. This is so bad of a design not to warn you in some way.

So I got only got 9.5 bags.
[notify]

Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '13 7:52pm PST 
Hi, Brownie! wave

Would you mind copying and repost in the Litter Genie thread?

http://www.catster.com/forums/cleaning/thread/760668/last

The Litter Genie people will be following the comments in that thread and probably not be aware of comments elsewhere.

Thank you.

Gypsy

Purred: Sat Feb 2, '13 2:23pm PST 
FWIW, I use a Litter Locker II, and they let you know you're near the end of the bag with a black magic marker line.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:16pm PST 
I telling you I'm cheap. I look around at my bag options. I found the 8 gallon trash bags at Kmart work using the spent bag cartridge as a form to hold the bag in place. Now they thinner bags. I'll not fill it as full in fear of splitting the bag. My sister said at that cheap of a price, I could double bag it. We shall see. They are $3.81 before tax for 65 bags with ties. They are 1ft 10in x 2ft 2in x .35mil. I got vanilla scented ones. So that is around $0.06 a bag vs. $0.89 before tax.

I know they would like me to repost this in the first post but since I'm talking about not paying $8 for 9 bags, I think my post may offend the Litter Genie people. So if they erase this post, remember 22 inches tall & bag 5-10 gallons. Good luck!
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Tue Feb 5, '13 10:00pm PST 
Aww, that stinks, Brownie! We haven't gotten through the first bag cartridge that came with the Litter Genie, but thought there would be something to warn you when you're getting close to the end. shrug

Before we got the LG, wrapped dirty litter up with used plastic shopping bags. I wonder how well those would work with the LG? thinkingshhlaugh out loud

Gypsy

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 1:18pm PST 
I love my litter locker 2, but the cartridges are small.

I've seen for sale on amazon the refill plastic bag material. I haven't tried it, but the idea is that you keep a couple of your empty cartridges, and then take this bagging material and stuff it back up into the cartridge.

It sounds like it would be difficult, but commenters say you get the hang of it after doing it once or twice.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '13 4:40am PST 
I'm still on my first cartridge from the Litter Genie. I think I'm at the end though. I recently emptied it and made a new bag. However, the blue plastic had a dark line on it. Just on one side. Maybe 1/8th inch wide. You almost have to look for it. Mine just happen to be right there when I looked at it. I don't know if that is a warning line or not. I just thought I'd mention it.
[notify]

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Mon Feb 11, '13 9:26pm PST 
LOL when I first saw this I thought it was going to be something serious, like your cat was attacked by the Litter Genie.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Feb 12, '13 9:41pm PST 
Oh, Tia! Too funny. I have to say it is more work to use the 8 gallon bags I got at Kmart. (Which are on sale this week.) I did decide to change the bag more offer rather than double bagging it. With a cat and half using it that has come out to be every five days for me, instead of the cartridge where it was every 7 days.

I saw the new Litter Genie commercial. I had to laugh when they said you would get up to two weeks between bag changings. Maybe if it was a kitten. My cats drink too much water.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 2:56pm PST 
I almost missed the line too. It is just a marker line the length of the bag, and it is not very visible. I think if they did a line going around the circumference it would be better. I am going to copy this to the Litter Genie post too.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2