GO!

What is the right age to leave a kitten alone?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

IMO (Gone- to the- Rainbow brid

Purred: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:19pm PST 
My reason for this question is that, I have a neighboor who has two kittens, one is older and the other is a few mos old. And her owner, works and has quite an active social life, and it seems that she stays gone overnight most of the times. She does take care of them food and water and vet care. But I have been outside on my balcony. (live in an apt building) and hear the youngest one Mewing it is so pathetic sounding I know that this poor baby is lonely. I have talked to her owner about this. And have tried to be as civil and as nice as possible. But it just breaks my heart to hear this baby crying for some attention. I dont want to be a buttinsky. Just want to help. I dont think that she would want me to interfere or I would offer to keep her baby company while she goes overnight. Plus the owners mom does have a key too so maybe i should let her know. Maybe she can give some comfort too. Thankskitty
[notify]

Charles- Bingley

In residence at- Netherfield Park

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 10:55am PST 
First, GOOD for you to point this out to the owner of the kitten. The kitten may not only be lonely, but hungry. But it has another kitten to play with I would lean toward it being hungry. Perhaps the owner only puts food and water out in bowls, and the kittens eat it all. My suggestion would be to approach the owner or the mom (you know which one you know better), and suggest Self-feeders and Waterers. These are available at both Family Dollar and Dollar General as well as Wal-Mart and K-Mart, they are availalbe as well at PetsMart and PetCo, just the other stores are cheaper. I have two of each downstairs and one of each upstairs.

Suggest this as a way to make HER life easier, not having to worry about the kittens having sufficient food and water, if you feel comfortable enough, mention it to the mom.

IMO is SO cute, we sent him a present, and will send a Friends Request to you all aw well.

The New Orleans Kitties wave
[notify]

IMO (Gone- to the- Rainbow brid

Purred: Sun Dec 2, '12 11:11am PST 
Thanks Charles, Since speaking to her. I have not heard the kitty,mewing. And I did get to see how they were doing since her mother came by. And they were happily scratching away at thier post. So it seems the problem has resolved its self. And IMO says thank you for the gift. And I am pleased to make your aquaintance as well. wave
[notify]