GO!

HELP!! Really weird abscess type thing on stomach (PICTURES)

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Leo (In- Loving- Memory)

Pet me! Not for- too long- OR...SCRATCH!!

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 9:33am PST 
Leo is 14 years old. A couple months ago, we noticed Leo was starting to bald a little, and had a little cut on his stomach. Leo was a feral kitten on a farm, but has been with us for 14 years old, but he still has the unsocial genes and scratches and does not like to be touched very often, let alone to examine a cut. It seemed to heal up and we didn't think much of it. Well, I just checked Leo again and now, he has a huge really weird looking abscess where his umbilical cord/belly button would be. It looks like he has chewed the scab off halfway, and now he has uncovered a pink lump about the size of a pencil eraser.

Before I take him into the vet, I would like to know some opinions on what this could be. Pictures are below, scroll over the links. Thanks!

Weird Abscess?

Weird Abscess 2?

Weird Abscess 3?

Weird Abscess 4?

Edited by author Tue Sep 4, '12 9:34am PST

[notify]

~Avail~ - 02/14/00 - 09/17/13

Bad Mojo :D

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 10:45am PST 
I don't think you should concern yourself with our opinions, you should get him into the vet as soon as possible. My little bump turned out to be mammary cancer. Lots of love and purrs to handsome Leo!
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 10:47am PST 
I think this is one of those things...you need to get him to the vet. That looks sort of worrisome to mom.
[notify]

Leo (In- Loving- Memory)

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 12:51pm PST 
Taking Leo to the vet this afternoon at 4:10. I will let everyone know what happens.

Thanks!
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 1:14pm PST 
Good luck I hope it's nothing too serious.
[notify]

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 3:47pm PST 
Please update us!!
[notify]

Batfink

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 1:38pm PST 
Aww that looks so painful, hope Leo is okay and Vets went well xxx Purrs x
[notify]

Leo (In- Loving- Memory)

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 4:20pm PST 
The vet's said that Leo must have got caught on something, but that the wound is healing nicely. They gave him a shot of antibiotics, and said it should be healed in a week. smile
[notify]

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 10:41pm PST 
So happy to hear that it's nothing serious and that Leo will be a-okay! Lots of purrs to that handsome boy!
[notify]

Rogue

Mrs Foodie

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 2:44am PST 
aww thats good news hope Leo gets well soon x
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2