GO!

Fly high my baby girl.

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Winnie- (Angel)

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 4:53am PST 
After 19 wonderful years Winnie was helped to the bridge this morning,i dont know if i did the right thing...
she couldnt walk, she couldnt stand but she could sit with help and eat, this morning she had her favourite breakfast and a big bowl of milk and we took her to the vet but there was nothing he could do and we signed the consent form...i wish i had brought her home for one more night, it feels so wrong, i should have said no.
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 8:19am PST 
You did the right thing. You have to think about the quality of life. It was hard, but Winnie will always be watching over you from the bridge until you finally are reunited again. She has been returned to her youthful state, and there's no more pain, or discomfort, and she died knowing she was loved. You have all our purrs and prayers.
[notify]

Winnie- (Angel)

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 8:44am PST 
Thankyou,
I know logically i did the right things but my heart says otherwise, it all happened so quickly, yesterday morning she was walking about by last night she couldn't walk....this morning she was gone, i promised her she'd be ok and that i'd bring her home from the vets this morning, i broke my promise and i feel so guilty.
I hope she's found her brother and sister at the bridge, they've been waiting for her.
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 9:04am PST 
I am so so sorry for your loss. You did the absolutely right thing. You loved Winnie, she loved you. If things were reversed, you would want her to be able to release you from a body that was no longer able to do what it was meant to do.

Hugs to you and for Winnie.

Leap gently into the arms of Bast, little one. There are many to greet you and love you and keep you warm and happy and playing til you reunite with your mom again. The Bridge is a bridge, not a barrier.

love and light,

Ruffy
[notify]

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 2:49pm PST 
We had the same problem too. But it was the not been able to stand was the deciding point with us too. Many purrs you did the right thing.
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 5:01am PST 
You did the right thing. Quality is so important. We may want to keep them for ourselves and they are so ready to go. They hide so much that you don't know how much they are feeling. You were not selfish and you allowed her to fly free to the Bridge to meet her friends. My Natasha and Ben are there. I remember a vet tech telling me that I had just one more day with Natasha. How could I keep her for one more day where she stopped eating, throwing up, cancer spreading throughout her liver, and she couldn't look at us anymore? Her heart told us that she was tired. You gave her freedom from her burden. I would rather they not experience the the last moments of life by themselves and the pain. She lived a long life and knew your love. Many don't get this. It is never enough time as it seems to fly by. Remember the old days when she could run and had enjoyment. She always had you and you will always have her in your heart...Our sympathies...
[notify]

Batfink

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 12:39pm PST 
You definately did the right thing,please dont feel guilty.19 is a grand age for a cat thats about 92 isnt it?! Cats are all such proud creatures, it really breaks my heart to heart she wasnt able to walk or stand, you know she wouldnt have liked that at all, its all about quality of life for them in the end, youve made an informed,responsible descision on Winnies behalf as her carer.
They may not know how to speak but they sure do know how to claw thier way into our hearts eh?cry
Hope you are well, Take care of yourself and take each day as a new day, only one at a time.
love and purrs from our kitties Batfink,Gizmo ,Rogue..... and Me tooxx
[notify]