GO!

The Best Cat Litter?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lola

I'm a survivor!

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 6:30am PST 
I desperately need to switch kitty litters. I had originally started with Tidy Cats and I really liked it, but I seemed to be going through quite a bit of it rather quickly (esp for only having two small-medium sized cats). My check book was starting to hurt. So I switched to arm and hammer figuring it would do an even better job with smell. I'm on my second box of it already and completely disgusted. it throws up so much dust and even when scooped on a regular basis, the clumps fall apart and it smells down right atrocious.

So I've been thinking about switching to something a bit less "traditional". I was thinking about a corn based product. However, now I've read that there are some serious cons with that too.

I know everything has pros and cons, but I'd like the best of both worlds, something good for my lungs and my babies lungs as well as something that's easy on my check book (clumping litter preferred). Ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
[notify]

Eko

Mr. Eko - dark, but- good-hearted

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 11:00am PST 
Tons of people swear by Dr Elseys Precious Cat. We tried it once, thought it was okay but not 100% on the odor control, but now we are trying it again because of its great reputation for being dust free. In our other box we are trying Cat's Pride Fresh and Light fragrance free because we also read that it works great and has little to no dust. The verdict is still out on both because they are mixed with our old litter right now. No complaints so far.

Our old litter was Fresh Step Multi-cat Unscented Scoopable. We LOVED everything about it but the dust started getting to us. The odor control was so good I could go 2 months without dumping the boxes (we keep them scooped and spot cleaned well.) Even after 2 months they were odor free and I probably could have gone longer but didn't want to push it.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 12:06pm PST 
We use Worlds Best Litter (Multicat) been using it for 5 years now, no complaints no matter what they say about corn based products.
[notify]

Tasha

Miss Tasha Belle

Purred: Tue Jul 24, '12 6:21pm PST 
This is not a clumpable litter, but I just switched Tasha to Yesterday's News a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. It's a pelleted litter made from recycled newspapers and it's 100% biodegradable. I was sick of clay litter for the same reasons as you and I'm really happy I made the switch. Tasha started using it right away without any problems. It has no dust or odor at all and can be purchased pretty much anywhere pet supplies are sold (Wal Mart, Target, ect).
[notify]

Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 10:07pm PST 
Another vote for World's Best Cat Litter, the multicat formula. It's the only kitty litter we use in our household now. kitty
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Thu Jul 26, '12 6:10pm PST 
Hello furriends wave

We like da WBCL BEST! way to go

Been using it for the last 5 years with no problems with odors, clumps very tight, especially the Multi- Cat Formula Red Bag!

We tried so many other brands & this seems to work best for her!
I used to see her sneezing while she was in her litter box,
not anymore!!!!!

There isn't any dust when Kally Kat uses the litta box & I have witnessed her doing her speshill duties.. shock don't say a word shh shhhh....

She always uses the box like a lady cat shud! cheer

That's my 10¢ worth.... afta all prices keeps going upps,
no more worth........ just being a litta funnie. laugh out loud

Did ya hear dat Kyande Kisu & Kujy!

Wut eva werks best fur yur Cats & kits, being cost effective & their health.
They will let you know wut they think! kitty
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '12 5:16am PST 
MOL Kisu & Kujy love to give props to WBCL I think we should be spokes cats.. well actually we were, if you go to their website under (What people are saying) Kisu gave her 2Cents worth.. Kujy may be up there now giving his 5 Cents worth. Thanks Kally, for your dollas worth.. lets rally Kally.snoopy
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Sat Jul 28, '12 7:16am PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud

Every penny halps!!!!!
[notify]

Cheezle

Cats are people- too!

Purred: Sun Jul 29, '12 1:42pm PST 
I use World's Best Cat Litter. I love it and it seems to last a while and it clumps pretty good. My mom even commented that my apartment never smells like a cat. It costs about $8.50 for a 7lb bag. Also, try searching for online coupons for World Best Cat Litter. For the last two months I have been able to find $5 coupons, which means it only cost $3.50!
[notify]

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '12 1:28pm PST 
Definitely try World's Best. It is an all-natural litter made of corn and works great. It is a little pricey but one bag (7lb) will last over a month for a single cat, so, in that regard, it's quite reasonable.
Dr. Elsey's is a very good litter, too. Check the internet for cat litter coupons cause a lot of times you can just print them out and take them in to the store. Cat litter adds up fast every month, that's for sure.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2