GO!

Major behaviour changes

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Violet

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 4:35pm PST 
Hi! My mom's sister is worried about me. I am a usually easygoing and affectionate cat who enjoys being picked up and having her belly rubbed.

Since Emily has been home, she's noticed that my belly is a LOT rounder and firmer. At first Emily thought that I have just been eating a lot of treats (I do love to eat) but when she tried to pick me up to rub my belly and trim my claws I freaked out and hissed at her.
[notify]

Violet

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 4:36pm PST 
Just as a note I am a almost 12 year old spayed girl.
[notify]

Violet

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 4:45pm PST 
Any ideas as what could be wrong with me? Or am I just getting old and fatter? Note my grandparents are not very pro-vet. And I hate my cat carrier with a passion ever since my last visit to get a gland drained years ago..
[notify]

Sasha- 9/6/06-10/3/- 12

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 5:52pm PST 
you should def go to the vet, it sounds like you may have an intestinal blockage, or fluid built up in your abdomen, or a tumor. Any changes in eating or littering that you have noticed? When Sasha started eating less, it wasnt noticeable at first cause the first couple of weeks she was only eating slightly less than normal.
[notify]

Violet

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 8:02pm PST 
I am still eating as normal. As for litter changes? None as of yet.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Mar 13, '12 12:17pm PST 
Any major change in behavior is a signal that something is amiss. I know you don't like the vet, but I think you should go to make sure there is nothing wrong.
[notify]

Edison The- Angel

With love from- Mommy: 1995 - 2013

Purred: Tue Mar 13, '12 5:35pm PST 
I agree with Sasha - that sounds like it might be an intestinal blockage. Tigger and Sasha are right - I'd absolutely take her to the vet.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
[notify]