GO!

Seeking psychological explanation for Starlight's nocturnal behavior

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Starlight

Elegant Lady

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 6:19am PST 
Starlight takes hold of one of her stuffed toys and walks about the house at night crying. If I am fully awake, I can break her concentration by calling her to me. She wakes me up and I listen to her for awhile before falling back to sleep. She has been doing this kind of behavior off and on throughout many years. She is 16 years of age now. Does anyone understand what this is about? Thank you. kitty
[notify]

Kosuteh

Biting means I- love you..- right?

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 7:19am PST 
I do that too sometimes. I have a stuffed pillow toy, and most of the time I have no interest in it, but sometimes I pick it up and walk around the house, meowing loudly at it. I won't stop until momma or daddy comes over and sees where I put it. They don't know why, it's just something I do.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Thu Feb 23, '12 7:34am PST 
Hunter does this. Although he doesn't carry a toy around. He'll meow around the house at night, kind of like he is lost. If I call him, he'll run to me and be completely okay.

I just think he wants someone to wake up and play with him. smile
[notify]

Milo

Que Sera, Sera!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 2:04am PST 
Its just boredom, really...Trying to get your attention too since he has no playmates at night. Try reading "Cat v. Cat", it will open your eyes on cat behavior!
[notify]