GO!

UTI/Health Meter cat litter

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Petra

Miss Feisty

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 6:12pm PST 
Petra has had two UTI's in the last 6 months but shows absolutely no symptoms. I just got some Health Meter cat litter which supposedly changes colour if you cat has a UTI or a few other health issues. Has anyone used this before as I'm curious if it actually works?
[notify]

Sophie

2cute4words

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 7:11pm PST 
Hi Petra, I have never used this before, but am curious as well as to whether it will show the ph values of the urine fairly accurately. The only problem will be switching to a different litter, as some cats don't take so well to change. thinking
[notify]

Petra

Miss Feisty

Purred: Sat Feb 18, '12 11:16pm PST 
I don't think it works for UTI's. It was showing normal colour but at her recheck they did snot her culture and found she still had an infection. She's nos on a different antibiotic that should clear it up
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '12 8:52am PST 
how does it seem to work "Stinky" wise?
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Feb 19, '12 10:58am PST 
We used that a long time ago when Shadow had crystals. Im not really sure if it worked. It was supposed to turn pink if there was an infection, though I added regular water to it and it turned pink, so......shrug
You can go to your local drug store and buy test strips for human urine, same thing. I held it under her while she was peeing lol!!

Edited by author Sun Feb 19, '12 10:58am PST

[notify]