GO!

Bathing senior cats??

Share advice for keeping your aging cat happy and healthy

Sneakers, I- miss you

Got Milk?

Purred: Sat Feb 4, '12 9:55pm PST 
My senior cat Sneakers doesn't groom herself very much anymore, so I would really like to give her a bath... Shes had baths before and she doesnt freak out or anything..However she has CRF and is underweight so I don't want to do anything that might not be good for her... Has anyone given a senior kitty a barrth? Is it a bad idea? thinking
[notify]

Minxy- (1987-2008)

Queen of the- Rainbow Bridge

Purred: Sun Feb 5, '12 12:14am PST 
If she was OK with baths before she should be OK now but just make sure that the water temp is not too hot and there are no hard edges as she'll be more prone to injury now.

If she is not too bad or as a maintenance thing after the bath you could use a grooming mit and pet wipes suitable for cats. That would be less stressful and they are quite effective on elderly cats.

The last thing is that lack of grooming can be a sign that she isn't feeling well so you should mention it to your vet who's treating her CRF and see if she needs a check up or adjustment of her meds.
[notify]

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 3:49am PST 
I brought kitty wipes for Balty. Also a dry shampoo because he didn't groom himself very well in the later years. Not to mention him getting pee on himself. We also had him shaved where the mats were.
Here's some kitty wipes
http://www.petco.com/product/6535/Petkin-Deodorizing-Kitty-Wipes-I nstant-Pet-Bath.aspx
They are not the ones I had, but similar
[notify]