GO!

Bone infection

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

CoCo(9/17/11- -1/24/12)

Spay or Neuter

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 6:20am PST 
My foster mom posted in the Birman forum but have not had a reply so is reposting here..we're almost giving up on the "what breed I am" question. I was a foundling, look like a Siamese/Birman/Ragdoll(only R trait is that Iget floppy when picked up, my head lolls and go all limp)fm decided I'm a Simese mix with several others thrown in..anyways most importantly I've a bad bite wound on my left front paw, near elbow. Vet thinks I might have a bone infection, paw looks broken; it sort of sticks out but vet said no broken bones(and pinched my paw! Hurt bad and I screamed so no neurological damage)
I was put on Clavamox last Thurs, vet thought there'd be a change by today but there isn't.
I breathe rapidly all the time, mom thinks it is pain? She says kitties in pain hyperventilate(she has a rescue and vet told her that once with another that did it so she should knowwink) Anyways she'll call vet back today to see if I should be on a stronger drug..ack I only weigh 2 lbs though luckly I eat like a champ..any ideas? thanks!
[notify]

CoCo(9/17/11- -1/24/12)

Spay or Neuter

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 9:42am PST 
Hello? ..I'll be getting a pic soon taken, I'm not worse but not better either, it hurts alot..my foster mom is wondering if there's something stuck in there..will know after the x-ray
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 1:45pm PST 
I'm sorry this is happening. I really think she does need to have some tests run. Breathing rapidly like that isn't normal and she's so small! Oh I hope she doesn't have anything serious. I don't know what to suggest other than you taking her in but I'm sending you both purrs and crossing our paws for her. Please let us know what happens okay? hug
[notify]

CoCo(9/17/11- -1/24/12)

Spay or Neuter

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 8:03pm PST 
CoCo has a fractured leg..wasn't there last week, vet thinks that infection got in the bone and weakened it so any movement, and once she jumped dpwn from my husbands lap to the floor, broke it.
She is breathing rapidly because of pain. She's on abx for the infection and from tomorrow on she'll get painkillers though not as much b/c she's too small and vet prefers she's quiet to give time to bone to heal and abx do its work..thank-you for good wishes
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 8:12pm PST 
oh that's horrible! poor thing! What is the pain killer she's on?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed Jan 25, '12 7:40am PST 
I don't know if any of you know this but little Coco didn't make it. She developed pneumonia and went to the bridge. cry
[notify]