GO!

Sharing Happy Memories

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Casey - Forever- Loved RIP

The Year of the- Casey Cat!

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 3:42am PST 
For many this time of the year may be difficult; especially if you have recently experienced the loss of your fur baby. I lost Casey in August and december 20 wais her Gotcha Day. I wanted to use this thread for those to share their special memories of their loved ones.

Last night I started to put up our Christmas tree. The Christmas tree in the house was always a special thing for Casey. She loved to swat the low hanging ornaments and just hang around the tree. I would often just find her snuggled under the tree.

Casey was an indoor cat for most of her life and I always thought the tree represented to her a little of the "wild" outdoors. When she was still in her kitten stage I would find her trying to crawl up the middle of the tree. Every once and awhile the tree would shake and I knew she was trying to come up the middle of it. Getting her out of the tree was quite a chore.

Decorating the tree reminded me of my wild little Casey. I miss you precious.

Sweet Alex thank you for the rosette on her gotcha day.

Please all share your happy memories here. hug
[notify]

Athena (In- Memory)

Purrs and Love

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 2:55pm PST 
When Athena and Apollo were young, I still brought in a fresh cut tree. They would lie under it and look up into the branches, checking to see if there were any birds in it. Fortunately, they never tried to climb the tree, but Athena liked to walk through the little village underneath. She reminded me of "Godzilla Cat"!
little angelhuglittle angelhug

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 3:02pm PST 
Aragorn also never tried climbing the tree. During his first Christmas he was small enough to fit inside the manger. The second year, he tried, and only could squeeze his head in the manger. So, he would lie underneath it and look at the ornaments or sit in the bay window "surrounded" by the tree. (See his page for pictures).
little angelhuglittle angelhug

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 8:46pm PST 
It's so nice to read your memories. flowers
[notify]

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 8:52pm PST 
Now, there was my Big Ben who took the tree down every chance he could get. It is because of him that I leave the tree up for several days before decorating it. He was definitely a tree climber. Natasha would play with the ornaments. She was my quiet cat who did things and then, she would look at you and say, "It
wasn't me". She jumped on the counter top and push things down. Ben would get them....Both of them loved the Christmas turkey and would come running when it came of the oven.....My two angels are now in heaven...We were lucky to have so many happy memories....It was a nice idea, Casey.......
[notify]

Morris (Miss- You!- '76-'86)

Mo the- Magnificent

Purred: Thu Dec 22, '11 1:13am PST 
When my dad brought in our first Christmas tree after Morris came to be a part of our family...Mo sprayed on it. Needless to say, he got the big snip shortly after. red facelaugh out loud

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Gone, but never- forgotten

Purred: Thu Dec 22, '11 7:14am PST 
Sadly, three of the four cats I lost in Hurricane Katrina were only four months old, so do not have Christmas memories of them. However Thomas and Maggie (Thomas also lost in Katrina, Maggie a few months previously to dogs), did enjoy Christmas. Never tried to climb the tree, but did like to get into any and all boxes (those brought down from the attic with decorations). This thread was a good idea, it does help to share happy memories of furbabies no longer with us.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Purred: Thu Dec 22, '11 5:24pm PST 
hug

And cats and their boxes... After opening gifts Casey would play inside the boxes. I would tap the outside of the box and watch her try to catch the sound with her paws.
[notify]

Hunter

Poop Anarchist

Purred: Thu Dec 22, '11 6:56pm PST 
This is Hunter's mama. I loved reading this thread. My boys are still with me, but reading your memories makes me realize how special our time is with them. I'm giving them extra loves tonite when i get home. Thank you for sharing.

Monique
[notify]

Angel Soc- Dreamboat- #56

sir soc because- he thinks hes- the boss

Purred: Fri Dec 23, '11 2:17pm PST 
I am finding it hard at the moment to have many happy memories as my sweetheart Soc only left me last week but i will always remember when he sniffed out his present under the tree and ripped it open 2 days before christmas,he also loved getting into big boxes,once he fell asleep in one and no one knew he was there until we went to pick it up to throw outside and he lept out of itlittle angellittle angel
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2