GO!

TINY DANCER is beyond belief he is CAT OF THE DAY!!! :-D

Celebrate a special cat's special time in the spotlight as Catster's Cat of the Day and Cat of the Week or meow about a deserving cat you'd like to see featured on Catster's homepage!

Tiny Dancer

"I am kitty,- hear me roar . .- ."

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 7:39am PST 
Thank you all, I am so excited, especially being disabled - never knew I could win anything. (MOm tried to enter me (because she says I'm beautiful) in a local cat show once and they said they don't take disabled cats.

I am so appreciative I'm beyond words! happy dance hamster dance party
[notify]

Princess- Antonia- Llwellyn of- K

Cinderella did- become a- Princess

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 8:35am PST 
Hummmmph!!!!

That cat shows loss! You are the most handsome cat I have ever seen! You aren't 'disabled' but other-abled! I mean, how many cats can walk on their back legs like a human person? That takes talent!

sigh....so so handsome and adorable!
kissing
[notify]

Princess- Antonia- Llwellyn of- K

Cinderella did- become a- Princess

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 8:45am PST 
TD, from me to that Cat Show!

'Dear Cat Show 'People' (I know it has to be people, because other cats would not do what you have done!)

I hear you did not allow Tiny Dancer to enter because he's 'disabled'. I'm wondering if it were a human contest, if you would have denied entry to Stephen Hawkings...you know, the brilliant scientist....becuase, after all, he's 'disabled' in your way of thinking. Or perhaps Stevie Wonder, because he's also 'disabled' in your eyes. Or FDR, your human president, who created the New Deal and all that for your country. But he was 'disabled' too, right?

Dear Cat Show people....'dis-abled'. Hardly. Tiny Dancer can walk on his back legs, which to me, takes talent. He overcame adversity to become the lovely and extremely handsome cat he is. He's amazing.

Have you seen Homer? He is a cat who has a book written all about him! And yes, he's blind, so I guess he would't be eligable for your show, either. But maybe he doesn't need it-becuase he has a book ALL ABOUT HIM!!!

'Disabled' is a word Cats don't recognize. I say this as I see cats here, some with 'dis-abilities' do things that humans couldn't do with all their 'abilities'. And we, as fellow felines admire them, worship them. Becuase we KNOW what it is about-we are the most overcoming, adaptable creatures in the world.

You don't deserve Tiny Dancer. He's simply beyond you. Your loss...
and it's so sad. Becuase you would have had the chance to meet a very very extrodinary cat. He would have rocked your world.

But then, perhaps you simply aren't ready for someone so very talented and beauituful, and very, very accomplished.

Sincerely,
Her Royal Highness,
Princess Antonia Llewellyn of Kew Gardens
[notify]

Miss- Elizabeth- Bennett

Looking for Mr.- Darcy

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 11:31am PST 
Concats from The New Orleans Kitties also, Tiny Dancer, and we agree, with the Princess, you SHOULD have been allowed at the Cat Show. This would have been a wonderful way for humans to see that a "Disability Can Become An Ability", and encourage others to take cats that have either been born with a disability or become disabled through an accident, etc. We have read the book about Homer the blind cat, and loved it.

Well, we think you are one SPECIAL cat, and glad to meet you and your family.

The New Orleans Kittieswave

P.S. We sent you a Friend's Request!!
[notify]

Tiny Dancer

"I am kitty,- hear me roar . .- ."

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 5:14pm PST 
{{{sniff}}}

Thanks so much you guys.

I loved the letter and all the support. I don't feel "disabled", but that's what they labeled me when my maw described my situation.

YOU guys rock!!!!!!!!! THANK you!!!!!!!!!!! applause
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 7:49pm PST 
Tiny Dancer, your person should have contacted the show managment, someone did NOT know what they were talking about! CFA and TICA allow and welcome disabled kitties. We've seen three legged kitties, kitties with cauliflower ears, one eyed and even NO eyed kitties at shows, in the Household Pet division. That part is open to any kitty that is either not a specific breed OR that can't be shown in the open classes dues to disqualifying faults--or disablilities. We sure hope your momma will try again. Maybe the show you tried didn't have HHP, but if that was the case they sure should have told you, not just that you couldn't play!
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Wed Nov 30, '11 10:08am PST 
Ditto Pandora, alot of the disabled kitties at shows are some of the biggest winners in HHP
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Wed Nov 30, '11 3:57pm PST 
thinking That's what we were thinking too, that TICA allows disabled kitties to show in HHP competition. In one show that I was in, there was a blind kitty.

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Thu Dec 1, '11 10:25pm PST 
Tiny Dancer, you're Number One in our book!

Kitten cuddles,
Sterling, Sundance, Shannara and Shade
applausehappy dancehi5applausehappy dancehi5applausehappy dancehi5