GO!

Anyone who feeds Blue Wilderness dry, now notice, poopies really stink?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sun Nov 27, '11 9:46am PST 
Those that feed Blue Wilderness chicken dry, have you noticed, that now the poopies really stink? shock

I have 2 , that pretty much refuse to eat it now, and they used to love it.
They are not sick, they are acting their normal selfs, very active and playful. They will however, eat the BW wet.

It is definately, the food, thats all they get.

I mix it with baby food, and water, per my vet, so they get increased water, and they used to eat it all up, in about 5 min. Lately, 2 won't finish it. I even saved it, to see if they would eat it later, then I noticed, it has the same stinky smell as their poopies. I didn't give it to them. I gave them wet, mixed with water, they ate it right up, which is another reason, I know, they are not sick.

For now, Bump is eating it, if he refuses it, I have a major prob on my hands. He won't eat wet, any wet, period.

Simple solution seems, just feed them wet. Well, that won't work with Bump, he cannot be forced, it would stress him out too much, and I don't need that with his heart issues, and I don't him to refuse to eat at all, which he did at one point, because I took his Goodlife away from him. And then there is the current economy. At $1.49 a can, and as many cans as I would go thru in a day, I just can't afford it.

Feeding them anything else, other than quality grain free food, is out of the question.

So, what other very good, quality grain free foods are out there?
I need grain free, gluten free, soy free, by product free, and most importantly, low in salt, for Bump. I will not feed "W" as that causes urinary issues, and I will not feed "N", not even going to get into why.

Appreciate your help. wave
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Nov 27, '11 11:19am PST 
The thing is Bump that companys can change the ingredients before introducing the new packaging. So maybe there has been an ingredient change, or your cats are starting to become affected by something that is in that particular food, or it just could be a bad batch.shrug

How about merricks before grain? or Serengetti?

eekhappy dancesnoopykittykittyhailwavecheerdancingapplausewave

big laugh thought I would do a Bump,LOL!!!
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sun Nov 27, '11 8:38pm PST 
Some people don't like it because the company is owned by a 'big evil corporation" but EVO has the highest percent protein, absolute lowest carb you can get,no grains and very little starch, and even the picky eaters like it fine. Meowma says she does not give 2 cents for political views about companies when it comes to keeping us healthy, and the adults here all get EVO. It is not even as expensive as some of the other premium brands which when you read the label carefully DO contain a lot of excess carb in the form of potatoes and so forth, and quite a bit of various vegetable items.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 3:44am PST 
I am going to call Blue Buffalo today, to see if they changed the formula, or changed an ingredient. I will let you know, what I found out. Bump is still getting the dry, the others are eating the wet, no prob with that. wave
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 9:20am PST 
By the way...wave we havent been here much because Meowma is really struggling with her chem class. Please purr for her to pass so we can hang out more after the 15th!kissing (pssst...Bump, you should tell Cowboy to check what Rory is doing in the video on his page! laugh out loud)

Edited by author Mon Nov 28, '11 9:21am PST

[notify]

Tequila

Anyone want a- Shooter?

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 11:14am PST 
When momma got me, she put me on the Blue Wilderness kitten and I had very stinky poopies and smelly air biscuits (that's what she call them), I call them plain ol' farts.

She does not feed it to me anymore and I stink no more. Okay, I stink but not as bad.
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 5:43pm PST 
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK! Meowma did NOT mean to have that kissy thing on that post, ignore it--she does NOT want to kiss you!
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 6:25pm PST 
Pandora!!! Sorry, it didn't sink in, until you mentioned Rory! I just love that little boy, really miss him! wave

I been keeping track of Rory, mol, every show result is posted on the HHP board, I seen ya went to the National show, mol, and, I heard Kelsey Belle's mommy had a melt down, cause she missed a ring. way to go

Talked to my vet today, she agrees, its the food. They are their normal crazy boys selfs, and no prob with eating the wet, which Bump won't eat. I called Blue Buffalo, twice, today, they never called me back. They better tomorrow, or they ain't gonna like, what happens, next. eek big laugh

Send me a paw mail. wave

p.s. Cowboy says Hi to Rory. hug
[notify]

Mo

Save Plants - Let Me Eat- Meat!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 28, '11 8:49pm PST 
@ Bump: Like was already said, it could be an ingredient change. They are not required to change the packaging right away, actually it seems like they can use up all the "old" bags before putting the new ingredients on the new bags. Or, maybe Blue Buffalo wants to join in on the "product pull" recalls, like Iams. laugh out loud

I posted on Blue's page on facebook asking if they have changed anything about the food, and said why I am asking (stated your situation). They won't want that information to stay posted publically with out clearing it up - they'll either have to respond, or delete my post. I'll let you know if they respond.

@Pandora: Tell your paw parent to check their messages. I sent a link that may help them understand what ever they are learning.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Nov 29, '11 4:04am PST 
Thanks Mo!! hug

It could be a formula change, an ingredient change, like what was said, or it could be just a bad batch, or bad bag. I just know, the others won't eat it, they used to love it, Bump will still eat it, for now.

Can you send me a link, the the Blue Facebook thingy, so I can watch it too. Ya might want to tell them, if they don't call me back today, CNN will. wave
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2