GO!

Pooped on my bed!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Harry

Diva! I like- getting what I- want,always!

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 3:37am PST 
I'm not happy this morning, Harry my 8 month old kitten who I've had for 2 months and has always been very good at using his litter tray, pooped on my bed this morning, his litter tray is always cleaned out, this morning tho I always check because he poops the same time every morning but nothing was there just pee so I clean it out every morning and evening, he pooped while I was sleeping in bed on my partners side if that means anything, why did he do this?
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 8:41am PST 
I think he may be marking his favorite spot with his scent. He needs something like: shaking a can of pennies while showing it to him, and he is still kittenish, so he needs some big praise when he goes in the box. I have one who is 4-1/2, and I still praise her whenever I catch her in the box.kitty
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 12:02am PST 
Well now.. I would have him checked for parasites. This could be his way of telling you he may have them. But it could also be his way of marking his territory like Tink said. Is he neutered yet? If not it is time for him to be sterilized or sure. Cats are naturally clean animals and do not tend to poo or pee where they sleep. But if he is marking his territory,they will usually spray of pee over defecating.
Please keep us all informed as to what you decide to do and best of luck!
welcome
[notify]

Harry

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 12:21am PST 
Harry is neutered and up to date with his worm treatment and vaccines, When he pooped on my bed there was no spray markings, since then he has been using his litter tray as normal, I will phone the vet on Monday (closed at weekends except for emergancies). So strange for him to do this as he is a clean fussy cat and I'm so houseproud !! hahaha
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 1:20am PST 
I see now that I went to your page, that you came from a shelter like I did, so they would have fixed you before you went home.
Have there been any changes in your household or another cat peeing
or marking territory outside? Stress could cause things like this also.
I am glad you are going to ring your Vet Monday. Please keep us informed.
cat on moon
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 4:04am PST 
I'm a big fan of Dr. Pierson's page on litterboxes because it seems like all the info you could possibly need is in one place. Hope this helps: http://catinfo.org/?link=litterbox
[notify]

Beepers

Father of- champions!

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 6:27am PST 
How does Harry feel about your partner? Maybe he's telling you something by pooping in your partner's spot (if I understand you correctly). thinking He might not like your partner or he might want YOU all to himself. (It's just something to consider along with other possibilities.)
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 8:27am PST 
It's also possible that something is causing him pain when he poops, so he thinks the box is doing it. This is a common cause when they do one function in the box and the other in it. Don't overthink this to start with. And I have to say I disagree with EVER showing a cat the spot they made a mistake and doing anything as a 'punishment'...it jusat scares the cat to death in my opinion and may make it worse, not better. IF you catch them in the act, you grab them and put them in the box and praise, even if poo went flying everywhere when you picked him up.
If you are very sure there is no physical problem, I'd get some Dr Elsey's Cat Attract litter from Petsmart, and do read the very helpful little booklet inside. If the problem continues, try to see him pooping and hard as it seems, don't disturb him but look for any signs of pain or if it takes a really long time. Also, I know it sounds gross but glove up and check to see if the poop seems extra hard, dry, or whatever as those things will cause cats to avod the box. If it continues too long, you might have to confine him to a bathroom or walkin closet with the cat attract litter until he starts using it again.
One other thing, also an eeewwww idea but it happens. It's possible that a tiny bit of feces, human or animal, or something with another very unusual odor, somehow got on the bed (happens no matter how clean we think we are) and so he thought it was ok to go there.
Please be patient and try to stay calm.
[notify]

Harry

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 1:45pm PST 
so many possible reasons! there is a neighbours cat that comes into our garden and Harry runs away from it but there is no aggression between them Harry only goes out supervised, also Harry definately prefers me to my partner he follows me wherever I go and is fine when I pick him up but not when my boyfriend does but he does like my partner not scared of him but he has a loud voice when he talks!! haha, Harrys previous owner was a male, also I had a large mirror which got damaged and I put it in downstairs toilet ( that's where his litter tray is) on the floor against the wall until I could get rid of it and I noticed sort of water spray marks on it, I think Harry sprayed on it but not sure that was the night/morning he pooed on my bed, could the mirror have spooked him? Harry never sprays in the house. I didn't punish him when he pooped on the bed just told him he was a bad pussy!! now when he uses the littertray he gets lots of praise and now I clean it out after two wees maybe it could have been his litter tray wasn't clean enough it was kinda wet in the morning, more than usual, and maybe a strange odour in my bed! well thats my partner!! hahaha my bed linen is washed weekly and right now Harry is lying beside my partner on the couch on his back with his legs in the air!! but when my partner strokes him he bites him. It's really hard trying to figure the reason out but there has been no more poops in bed.
[notify]

Harry

Purred: Sat Nov 26, '11 2:01pm PST 
Thanks for all your advice,,unfortunately cat attract litter isn't sold over here, oh and we got rid of the mirror, I will check on Harry next time he poops (tomorrow morning 7.00am), been no more poops in bed, the strange thing was I couldn't smell it even though it was a foot away from me! glad I didn't roll over haha, it's funny now but not then and Harry is playing eating and sleeping normal.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2