GO!

MelissaAnne Lost Her Fight Thursday Night...

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Melissa Anne- (In Memory)

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:50am PST 
At 2:11am I lost my fight with unknown illness.
I'm not sure but I think I may have had a stroke because the vet said I probably had something wrong in my brain since all my other tests were normal. I couldn't walk right but I kept trying to get away from Mommy as fast as I could but she kept finding me with a flashlight (since I'm small and black) and put me in our special pink fluffy towel and held me close to her heart praying. She kissed me and talked to me and finally told me I could go and she'd always always love me and I had to take her love and stuff it in my heart and take it with me. I heard her tell God to please find Snowie-Laverne to come get me and a few minutes later I was gone; I just let my tiny head fall into Mommy's chest and she just held me.
Daddy wasn't at home and Mom had to call him and he drove as fast as he could but it was too late when he got here. Mommy still had me wrapped tight in the fluffy towel and Dad was distraught and crying with Mommy trying to console him and still hold onto my tiny body.

I've had hung in there for 2 months even though I had lost half my body weight. Mom hand fed me and put some weight on me and I had sooooo many tests. My vet was so nice but she knew I wasn't going to be around and told Mom & Dad that since I was so frail that no invasive test could be done and they should take me home and just LOVE me.
I can't believe that after 14yrs that I let Mommy give me a bath yesterday, but I guess it was for the best because she kept telling me how sweet I smelled and holding me close to her.
They put me on Critical Care food but it kept going from 1 end to the other but Mom fought with me and I fought for her.
I tried to distance myself a couple of weeks ago to make Mom get used to not having me in bed, or greeting her at the shower and stayed away from her, but she kept finding me and kept me near all day & night (she hasn't slept more than 2hrs a night in 2 months and she's exhausted). Daddy prayed over me with the Bible out at night for hours and he's tired too.
I didn't know my Mommy could be that strong for me and I'll love her forever for that. I'm at rest now and with my Sister and we're back together again, but Mommy is in a trance, so can you all pray for her?
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 1:02pm PST 
We certainly will MelissaAnne and we're so very, very sorry this happened. Did they do any tests for FIP by any chance? I'm wondering if that could have played a role, as the symptoms sound similar. I'm so sorry sweetie, please tell your mommy this is the best place there is to get support. We are a loving community that understands this pain all too well. She's not alone and she doesn't need to be. Tell her to keep reaching out, we're here for her okay? Many purrs of comfort to you and your family. hug
[notify]

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 3:45pm PST 
Hi Alex, this is Bev (Melissa's Mom). We had so many tests run on her, and if I recall, that was one of them also. We initially thought overactive thyroid or diabetes since she went through nearly 100 cans of food in 1 month. I made sure to keep her hydrated because of the in-and-out syndrome and she felt as if she need to eat all day and night. She did have a cyst on her neck that was drained to test for any cancer there and that was also negative. We exhausted everything we could and got to the point of literally just "grasping at straws". We never showed her any fear but last week late one night her pupils dilated and stayed that way for hours. That was when I knew that my Precious wasn't long for the world; I think that may have been a stroke, but by morning (and after exhaustive prayer too) she was back to herself. The constant feeding (and her loud obnoxious [and oh-so funny] vocalizations) filled the house from morning to night, but now it's just freakishly quiet and we just cannot even find the words to say to each other, so we just talk to Daniel Aaron and pet him and play with him.
I called the vet's office and we're having a private cremation tomorrow. I don't think after having her near me constantly for over 14yrs that I could bear to let her be apart from me any other way.
Well, I sincerely thank you for your concern and caring. We wish you and yours Bountiful Blessings and send our Kindest Regards,
Bev
[notify]

Kiki

You... Treats...- Now...

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 4:09pm PST 
I am sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a family member, especially a furred one. Melissa Anne will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. You'll see her again when the time is right for you to be reunited. Until then, know that she's looking down on you and watching over you. rainbowrainbowrainbow

You'll be in Momma's prayers, and Jack, Kosuteh, and I send you love and purrs.
[notify]

Zoey

Mom says I am- her special- Girl!!

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 4:23pm PST 
Thinking of you with many prayers and hugs!!hughug
Purrs, Zoey and Family
[notify]

Boxie Brown- Forever

Boxie B.- with a- goatee!!

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 4:30pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss Melissa's mom.
MelissaAnne's name is the same as my mom's!
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 5:28pm PST 
Sorry for your loss of your sweet little one.

Purring for your familyhughughughughughug

Jackson - 9/2007-5/201- 1

Missed so much

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 5:38pm PST 
We are so sorry for your loss. MelissaAnne is such a beauty. What gorgeous green eyes! She is now young, healthy and happily playing with all the other kitties at the Rainbow Bridge. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.. Huggs and Purrs..hughughug
[notify]

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 6:35pm PST 
THANK YOU ALL for your kind words, sentiments, and prayers. Please take care of each other, and love each other.
Our time together (14yrs) was the best anyone could ever ask for and we'll miss each other for now but I know we'll see each other again.

Bev
(Melissa Anne's Mom)
[notify]

Turbo - In Loving- Memory

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:50pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. Watching a loved companion waste away like that and to know the end is coming is such a difficult experience. I'm glad you kept each other company for 14 years, I know it's going to take some getting used to to not have her there now. When you are ready she will send you another kitty who needs you to love them smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2