GO!

CH Kitties

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Spazzy

The lover

Purred: Sat Sep 24, '11 12:37pm PST 
I am thinking of getting another cat, however, Spazzy has CH, I am wondering is I got another cat with the same condidion, if they would either get along, or just trip over eachother..
Or is a non- CH kitty a better choice?
[notify]

Callie

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '11 9:46am PST 
Spazzy, I have CH and I'm a permanent foster in a home with a normal cat and rotating fosters coming in and out. Mom tends to take in special needs fosters but we haven't had another CH kitty yet. My situation is also more complicated because I'm almost blind so sometimes I bumble into another kitty. But I think it's a little more difficult for a CH kitty to live with a normal cat for a few reasons - when I fall down and wobble it tends to scare the other kitties a little. And I try to play but they really have to get used to me and the way I move. Sometimes they try to play with me too but it can get too rough and I just lie on my side with all my paws and sharp nails extended so they can't get me! So it's not impossible but some high strung kitties just don't like dealing with me.

Mom says if she was only dealing with me and she was looking for a second kitty she would probably only get a CH kitty or one that was physically disabled. She thinks it would be easier for us to get along. Just our two cents!
[notify]

Ralphie & Randy

Purred: Mon Sep 26, '11 1:24pm PST 
I have no experience with CH so I have no useful information to offer. But I do want to say that I think another disabled kitty would be lucky to have you adopt him or her. You already have experience with the special needs of a CH cat in particular, and you have the knowledge and skills necessary to give the best care. I think you would be an awesome human for a "less-adoptable" cat!
[notify]

Monkey

I'm the baby

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '11 8:06pm PST 
I am a pet sitter and pet sit for several CH kitties. They both live with other cats that are not CH kitties, one of them also lives with 3 Boston Terriers and the other lived with a terrier mix until he went to the bridge.

One of the kitties belongs to a Vet. Someone brought him in and asked to have him euthanized. She took him home instead.

They both get along well in their homes and live normal lives. way to go
[notify]

Bojangles

Purred: Wed Dec 28, '11 10:59am PST 
My CH cat loved her normal brother & both our dogs, and battles with them both. She seems to get along fine with just about everyone, even (briefly) a couple of roosters!

It depends on the severity of his CH, but if it's mild to moderate I think he could adapt to having a normal cat buddy.
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Wed Dec 28, '11 2:07pm PST 
I would think that temperament would be a more important consideration; choose a calm, non aggressive cat that really likes company and you should be fine. I would even go so far as to suggest one that is over 5 years old, as the personality will have stabilized. A local group might also know of such a cat that is missing a companion it's been separated from. Those kind usually welcome a new buddy after a few days.
[notify]