GO!

Supplement question

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri May 20, '11 10:01am PST 
Just wondering if anyone has tried this product? and if so what is your expereince with it. I would like to get this but am a little concerned about the ingredients, it is for cats, dogs, and horses have their own kind too.
Though one of the ingredients is "Nutricol" which is green tea, and Grapes. I thought grapes were poisonous to cats??confused
click here
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri May 20, '11 10:28am PST 
They ARE! Some companies argue that small amounts of things like grapes, garlic and other things like that won't hurt. But there are many experts that understand that just like people, foods and toxins accumulate in a cat's body and can cause a lot of damage. Especially since a cat's liver is not able to filter and process a lot of these things out.

Raisins and Grapes can cause kidney failure in some dogs and cats but not all dogs are susceptible to the toxic effects of these
foods. Some dogs have died after eating a few grapes while it doesn't seem to bother others. There have only been occasional
reports of cats developing problems after eating raisins and it's not yet known why the fruits may be toxic. It's unknown if it is a
mycotoxin (produced by a fungus), pesticide, heavy metal, or a yet-unidentified toxin.

If it were me, I wouldn't chance it. You can always check my website on this page for questions like these: http://ibdkitties.net/Toxicfoods.html. way to go
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri May 20, '11 10:39am PST 
Thanks Alex...the thing is is that they sell it in mostly all the pet stores, and in the Vet offices?confused Not saying that it means that its right, mol!!
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Fri May 20, '11 1:38pm PST 
I know Shadow and it's up to you what you want to do. The build up over time is what concerns me and that's something most vets and product makers don't even care about. Look how many products contain tea tree oil when that is a big no no for pets. So it's your decision sweetie, just telling ya what I know. Don't know that I'm right either, just passing it along cause I love ya!!! big grin
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri May 20, '11 10:44pm PST 
Luv ya too Alex smile.... we have decided to look for some sort of Arthritis supplement for Shadow. Probably will go to a specialty pet shop in town. Bumpurr helped me with this too, we are not sure though if cats can have MSM so will have to look into that. Shadow is still limping a little,, and her front leg kinda creeks when she walks. The vet is the one that recommended the Recovery formula, but I dont think this company has been in business long enough for me to use it without any hesitation.
Thanks for your input smile
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 7:34am PST 
Shadow are any of the ones I have on my list on the supplements page available to you? Kally Kat has been using the unscented sardine oil I think and she's doing great on it. way to go
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Sat May 21, '11 3:52pm PST 
Meows Shadow - Doggys can have some things we kitties can't have.

The ONLY supplement we are allowed - well actually I have to have it every day to help my bad pancreas is ProZyme. My siblings can also have it - and it helps if someone also has soft poops.

Purrs from the Ship
[notify]