|Purred: Fri May 20, '11 10:28am PST |
|They ARE! Some companies argue that small amounts of things like grapes, garlic and other things like that won't hurt. But there are many experts that understand that just like people, foods and toxins accumulate in a cat's body and can cause a lot of damage. Especially since a cat's liver is not able to filter and process a lot of these things out.
Raisins and Grapes can cause kidney failure in some dogs and cats but not all dogs are susceptible to the toxic effects of these
foods. Some dogs have died after eating a few grapes while it doesn't seem to bother others. There have only been occasional
reports of cats developing problems after eating raisins and it's not yet known why the fruits may be toxic. It's unknown if it is a
mycotoxin (produced by a fungus), pesticide, heavy metal, or a yet-unidentified toxin.
If it were me, I wouldn't chance it. You can always check my website on this page for questions like these: http://ibdkitties.net/Toxicfoods.html.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|