GO!

Cat insurance, any recommendations???

Share advice for keeping your aging cat happy and healthy

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Sun Mar 27, '11 6:16am PST 
Please let me know if you have this insurance. I am insuring my eight year old cat....my other cat is too old for insurance and she had had her eye removed and has early kidney disease....I need to hear from others.
Thanks.
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sun Mar 27, '11 10:18am PST 
Hi Natalie, I just went on that pet insurance review site that I'd sent out a link for with one of my newsletters and you can read reviews on all the different companies. Purina got a lot of good ones but a lot of bad reviews as well. I'm not too happy with some of those reviews. They mention having money being taken out of their account without telling them, their policy being cancelled for no reason and they can't fix it, things like that. What I'm doing right now is you can go on this page and get a free quote, you put in your email address and the different companies will email you a quote and their company info for review. Insurance reviews. This way you can compare them and then go back on that site and read the reviews. way to go
[notify]

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sun Mar 27, '11 11:08am PST 
This is the same response I put in the other thread, Natasha:

Natasha, look at the response from Coopurr and from Bella Mae on the 2nd page of this thread:

Pet Insurance - just the facts man

They both have Purina Care. You could get in touch with them if they don't show up to post in this thread.

Also look at Coopurr's response in this thread:
Kitty health insurance

Here's a page (on the same website Finney referred you to) that leads you to reviews for all the different companies. You'll see the rating for PurinaCare vs the other companies (it's not the highest but pretty good).

Pet Insurance Review - Current Customer Ratings

When you click on the link for the reviews of PurinaCare, you'll see in the upper right corner of the page a little box that gives the number of reviews about PurinaCare in the last 60 days and the last year. They do not have as many reviews as some of the other companies. (PetPlan, which I have, has a lot more reviews than PurinaCare. I don't know if all the insurance companies do this, but as soon as my claim was complete, PetPlan asked Mom to put a review on that site. She did - gave them a 10 of 10 rating - but it has not showed up on the site yet because they have to okay it, I think. Anyway, I don't know if some companies have more reviews because they ask for them, because they have more customers, or what!)

Good luck with whatever you choose for Alex. Mom said it was really hard to choose and she thought PurinaCare looked very good, too. At the time she bought our insurance, she didn't know of anyone on Catster who had PurinaCare. She went with PetPlan because she knew someone who had good experience with it.
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Sun Mar 27, '11 4:59pm PST 
I've used VPI and Petshealth careplan in the past - I was not happy with what either had to offer. I've had Trupanion pet insurance for about a year, and have been pretty happy with them. You can even sign up for a free 60 day trial through Catster - just type Trupaion in the search box in Catster's upper right screen. Do your research, get some free quotes, and ask LOTS of questions. Make sure you understand what you are signing up for.
[notify]

Bobcat

He's big, he's- bad, he's- BOBCAT!!!!

Purred: Sun Mar 27, '11 11:15pm PST 
I have my 3 young ones with Saga, £15 a month for all of them, Ginge has to go on it today.
[notify]

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Mon Mar 28, '11 11:11am PST 
I went with PetPlan because of Ashlynne and another family's review of it. I liked that you could choose the reimbursement level and deductible that works for you. It made it very affordable. I don't know if other companies let you do that - I have admit, I didn't look at any others.
[notify]

Pandora Rose

That's Princess- Pandora Rose

Purred: Mon Mar 28, '11 8:24pm PST 
I am on trupanion and Mommy likes it so far!
[notify]

Ginge

the ginja ninja

Purred: Mon Mar 28, '11 10:44pm PST 
We now have 4 cats for under £20 a month on Saga and thats value for the cover, gives £2000 a year per cat. I am 60+ but don't think you have to be old to subscribe to it.
[notify]

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 4:35am PST 
Er Ginge's parent....60 is not old!!!! Mommy says-she's 52, and says it's not the age but the milage.
[notify]

Ginge

the ginja ninja

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 5:13am PST 
OOO thanks Nat xx I am 65, but I think the insurance may be for over 55's.xxxxxx
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2