GO!

Sharing a discovery...Ghost Cat in Photo

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pookie

Im so beautiful,- it hurts!

Purred: Tue Feb 15, '11 7:53pm PST 
Hi everyone again...back in May my lovely Pookie passed away and its been a total heartbreak everyday living without her. So like sometimes I do regularly now, I look at the photos of Pookie on my cell phone at night sometime before I go to bed. Well, a few photos caught my eye... I have 9 photos of an orb thats in different spots above her body, bright and large. I remembered I took these photos the last full night she was with us before passing the next night. The 9th photo shows a cats face in the orb/light! I hope, hope, hope that this means there is something out there for our poor lovely baby animals. She's the world to me and fluke or not this makes me feel good she wasn't alone here and there. I have the photo posted on Pookies facebook. Tell me what you think!
Pookie Congdon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scongdon/5449698659/

Edited by author Tue Feb 15, '11 10:20pm PST

[notify]

Trent- (Angel)

Mummy's best- friend

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 10:39pm PST 
I bet it was a cat friend coming to get Pookie. By the way, the other photos are beautiful! Have you heard of Oscar the Nursing Home Cat? He is a cat that lives in a nursing home, every night he sleeps in the bed of an old person, and that old person ALWAYS passes away the next day. Last I heard he has made 25 correct predictions. Its even so eerie that when they put Oscar in the bed of a patient they suspect will pass away, he will claw at the door and beg to get out! Then the person lives another night smile I can give you the name of the book about him if you are interested.
To answer your question, it is beautiful! Clearly another sweet cat came to get him!
[notify]

Tomoya- (2001-2013)

Purred: Fri Apr 8, '11 11:11am PST 
That's so sweet... another kitty in Heaven came to go with Pookie. When i loss a pet i always think that his/her brothers and sisters that are in Heaven will come and accompany them. So sweet you caught it on a photo. RIP sweet Pookie.
[notify]

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Fri Apr 8, '11 4:24pm PST 
Hi Shannon,
Firstly, we are so sorry for your loss...we know you love Pookie alot.
We live here with a ghost kitty. We have heard her meow, and daddy once saw her run into the closet! The door to the closet was closed! I think she did it for fun!
Ruffy see's her, and sometimes Smokie. We have named her Dusty...she told mommy and daddy that is her name.

We know that she comes and goes...when she wants...

we don't doubt for a second that another kitty came to show Pookie the way back...

smiles my friend...you'll meet again.

love and wonder,
Natalie the Natcat
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Fri Apr 8, '11 6:31pm PST 
Mommy believes it..she has pictures of her daddy's orb....2 weeks after he passed...on what would have been his Birthday....showed them to Richard Crowe... a Chicago Ghost Hunter...and he was impressed and wanted copies....he's seen thousands....but thought hers was the real thing...made her and her mommy happy!
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Sat Apr 9, '11 4:16pm PST 
What are orbs? wave
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Sat Apr 9, '11 5:49pm PST 
We are very sorry to hear about Pookie. hug

Kiki passed away on April 27, 2000. I was at work one Saturday night and my husband called to tell me that Nigel was acting strange. We had a little kitty tower and it was next to a large speaker in our home theater system. Kiki's urn was on top of the speaker. Nigel, who was about 4 or 5 at the time, got up on the small tower and put his paws on the side of the speaker and stared at Kiki's urn for about two minutes meowing the whole time. Like you would look at Pookie's pictures, almost every night, I would look at a pic of Kiki and me that is hanging up on the bedroom wall; I would get sad and cry myself to sleep. We took it at Petsmart back in 1997. Nigel just passed away this past October 22. While Nigel was sick, I was walking down the hallway and I saw a black tail twice. Kiki was a longhair black and white. Kiki tolerated other animals but she loved Nigel. When Nigel was at the vets getting neutered when he was a kitten, Kiki looked around the house for him. I had never seen Kiki that attached to other animal.
Since Nigel passed, I don't look at Kiki's pic that much anymore, but when I do I don't get nearly as sad as I did because I know they are together again.

Edited by author Sat Apr 9, '11 5:50pm PST

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Sun Apr 10, '11 3:15pm PST 
Orbs....some folks believe that spirtis show up in photos as orbs..
[notify]

Kiki(1986-20- 00)

One-in-a-million- cat

Purred: Sun Apr 10, '11 7:52pm PST 
A few hours after I posted my story last night, my husband and I were watching an episode of Ghost Hunters that we had recorded and he asked me if I believed in ghosts. I told him that I saw a black tail twice near the litterbox in a cubbyhole in the hallway about a week before Nigel passed away. He said he also saw Kiki, but he saw more than I did and she was walking into our main bedroom doorway which is by the cubbyhole. He knew it wasn't Tabi either because she was in another room at the time. He said he walked into the bedroom and no cat was there.

Kiki(1986-20- 00)

One-in-a-million- cat

Purred: Sun Apr 10, '11 9:01pm PST 
I forgot to say that Kiki never lived in this house we are living in now, but her ashes are here in an urn.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2