GO!

Rolling in litter pan

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Neko

Purred: Wed Nov 24, '10 5:15pm PST 
So today I saw Neko just rolling around in the litter pan. Why does she do that? How can I get her to stop? I almost dont even want to touch her since she rolled around in a dirty litter pan.
[notify]

alley cat- angel

Miss Alley girl- girl

Purred: Wed Nov 24, '10 6:36pm PST 
I have caught little boy doing that a few times but it is only after I have scooped still kinda yucky I don't know why he does it none of the other kittes do that. But they are all indoor only kitties and he was rescued from the streets so maybe he misses the way he used to roll in the dirt and this is the only place he can find that is kinda like dirt to roll in.
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Thu Nov 25, '10 8:42am PST 
Coop used to sit in his litter box when I first brought him home from the shelter. I think he was doing it because he was used to his litter tray being in his cage at the shelter. Luckily, he stopped on his own after a few days.

Now, we have OTHER litter issues...like DIGGING!

Purrs,
Coop's Mom
[notify]

Neko

Purred: Thu Nov 25, '10 7:36pm PST 
I guess she just enjoys it. She is kind of a weird cat. I just know to to give her kisses if she smells like litter laugh out loud
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 7:32am PST 
You could get some kitty wipes, and wipe her down, after you see her doing that. I have no idea why she does that, mol, mine never did, but at shows, even tho they have a soft clean kitty bed, they sleep in the litter box, mol. laugh out loud
[notify]

N'bikay

Natural Born- Killer

Purred: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:19pm PST 
We all like to roll in the litter although usually only when it's brand new litter and occasionally when it's freshly scooped. It is a way of marking territory. Even if there aren't other kitties in the house we still like to claim our turf!

I like Bumpurr's suggestion of giving a wipe down with kitty bath wipes especially if it is a dirty litter box! It's normal cat behavior and not something you should worry about.
[notify]

Jasper

if no one sees- you on the- table....

Purred: Sat Nov 27, '10 2:13pm PST 
i am a litter roller too. mom just keeps earthbath wipes around. smile
[notify]