GO!

'Bugs!' Any of your kitties know a certain word?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Greenlee (In- Loving- Memory)

I'm sweet as- sugar but I can- be a spice!

Purred: Mon Nov 1, '10 11:12am PST 
When I say the word 'BUGS!' to Greenlee, she starts meowing and looking around at the walls and when I say let go find some bugs! I'll go outside and get a bug off the side of the house and she'll follow me meowing frantically and she'll bat the bug around and eventually eat it (I make sure the bug is cannot make her sick, first). Then when I say 'Hi Greenlee!' she'll meow back at me and come over for a petting and some loves.

I am just curious to know if any of your kitties know a certain word like maybe 'dinner' or 'treat'

Post away! big grin
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Mon Nov 1, '10 11:23am PST 
Isabelle knows "treat time!" "night-night" and "outside" pretty well. big grin She will also meow in response to questions like "you DO?" or "what did you say?" Pretty darn cute! laugh out loud
[notify]

Joey

I'm big, I'm- bad, but I am a- real mush!

Purred: Mon Nov 1, '10 11:37am PST 
Joey has a HUGE vocabulary - I have raised him since he is 7 weeks old and talk to him like any other member of the family - some examples are:

Hungry - do you want to eat?
Buggies - ladybugs - we get them frequently - he will start looking all over the house for them!
Cookies - he runs right over to his turbo racer for a treat.
Special Treat - TUNA!
Bath - runs for the hills!
Baby - he will go get his little booda toy.
Bring it to Mommy! - he will go get a bottle cap to play fetch.

His sister Phoebe doesn't have as big a vocabulary - she follows the leader and takes her cues from Joey - but the first one she learned was cookies - and she will run right over to her turbo racer for a treat!
[notify]

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

I\'M HAVING- FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Purred: Mon Nov 1, '10 12:48pm PST 
Our favorite is "Who's hungry?" That will get our attention even if we're asleep. Sometimes we respond to "Snuggle time" too.
[notify]

Krueger

Freddy Krueger

Purred: Thu Nov 4, '10 11:05pm PST 
My baby comes running when I yell- Are you hungry?? he comes over in the kitchen and starts rubbing on me and purring. When i keep asking him, he'll answer back meowing in a funny like rusty sounding way. He also responds to Treat smile I love him!
[notify]

Smudge

I play, therefor- I am!

Purred: Fri Nov 5, '10 4:10am PST 
All 3 of our cats know "come", "dinner", "meats" (they are mostly raw fed), "walk time", "sit", "up-up" (jump up on something), "Boys, I'm home", and I'm sure there are others that I'm just not thinking of.

Smudge especially knows "Time to wake up Daddy" and runs with me to the bedroom and jumps on the bed. He also knows "where's your bunny leg?" and "where's sister?" when he should look for his human sister.

Chaucer especially does NOT know the word "No".

Purrs,
Smudge
[notify]

Pickles

I hate everyone- but Mom

Purred: Fri Nov 5, '10 5:19am PST 
That's too funny! My guys know the word, "moth." In fact, we say it in a baby voice, like "moffy, moffy." They come running meowing, and looking high and low for the invader. When Pickles catches it (and she always does), she immediately devours it, and has a "moth mustache"! I know it's gross, but it's like she can't resist the juicy goodness of a motheek
[notify]

Delyte, Dark- Angel, at- Bridge

Me and my- person, together- against all

Purred: Fri Nov 5, '10 8:39pm PST 
This is Delyte. Although we all know our names and know when people are talking about us, we don't always answer to it. We're cats, after all! big grin But we all have certain words that we answer to. I have been trained to respond to the word "cat food" with a meow. The others are starting to pick up on it too. Our person thought it would be good for there to be some reward-related word that I would come for because 5 years ago I was lost in the woods in the back of our house and was too scared to come out to my name being called. She felt that since I was very hungry when I was lost, that I would learn to come to a phrase that always means I either get full dinner or at least a treat. Our person's sister lost two of her cats in a fire because they would not come when she called them, and she is trying to combat that. I also come for the word "ice cream" so they have to be careful when to say that.

We all also come for certain sounds, like dry cat food being shaken in the container, and the sound of the red dot generator being shaken, and also the sight of cat food cans and in my case any food being served in a small bowl. Because it is always ice cream right? Except when it is these yucky dark blue things or red things that smell like fruit ... The sight, sounds and smell of pizza is another one.

Weird, aren't we?! laugh out loud
[notify]

Mochi

Purr-minator

Purred: Sat Nov 6, '10 11:39am PST 
Whenever I ask Mochi "want to brush yo' teeth?!" she automatically gets up from wherever she was, gets onto my desk into her "brushing teeth" position, ready to go. kitty
[notify]

Ubasti

The beds belongs- to me....

Purred: Sat Nov 20, '10 9:52am PST 
Ubasti will come to her name. She also knows treats, food and no.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2