GO!

What do you kitties think about a Caster Get Together? :-)

This is the place to talk about anything and everything cat-related going on where you are or where you've been with your best furiend! All those who enjoy taking their cats out gather here to share info on local cat-friendly places and find out about meet ups with other cat owners in your area! Check out Catster Local for pet-friendly products and services in your neighborhood!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Mon Aug 30, '10 4:11pm PST 
Somebody was asking about my horses yesterday and was also telling them about the horse board, Equichat, where I came from.

On Equichat, we had get togethers. This came about, when one of our members had a jumping accident, and was now in a wheel chair, very similar to Christopher Reeve. We decided to put on a benefit for her.

Most of us did not know each other, only just from the horse board, and alot of us were good friends, and you posted by whatever name you picked. It was so so cool to meet these people in person.

Granted, most are from the New England area, but some were from other states too.

We always arrainged to meet too, at the Equine Fair which is held in
MA every year, I never went, I always had a show on that date, but alot of them did.

So talking about my horses, and my great friends on there, I remembered the reunions and get togethers. It was just so cool to meet these people in person, people that you were good friends with on the board, and got to meet in person.

I thought that would be a cool idea, if we could do the same thing on here.

The first time, somebody volunteered their house and we had a cook out, and they were in MA. Had been to shows many times in MA, so it was not a big deal for me to drive there. Over time, we had trail rides, cookouts, etc.

I know we are from all over on here, but we can organize some kind of get together for people in the general area. Kinda like a reunion. Doesn;t have to be a ton of people, even if its just a handful of us.

So, what do you kitties think? What ideas do you have?

I am in the Syracuse NY area, would be glad to organize a reunion in the general area, or I can even drive to other states, just like going to a cat show, mol.

So NY, PA, NJ, CT people, what ideas do you have. wave

dancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancingdancing
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Mon Aug 30, '10 7:47pm PST 
We would love it...but we are in the Chicago area! Good luck...hope you get lots of replies! It would be fun for us just to read about the get together and see some pics and stuff!happy dance
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Aug 31, '10 4:10am PST 
Hi Ava! wave

So you start one in the Chicago area, gotta be more kitties on here from IL. Even if its just 4 or 5 of you, you guys pick a date and a place, even if its just going out to dinner or such. Or arrainge to meet at a cat show, hang for a few hrs, watch the show, they go out to lunch. happy dance

What other IL kitties are interested? wave
[notify]

Merlin- >PAWS<- [In Loving

Purred: Tue Aug 31, '10 12:08pm PST 
My woman did this kind of thing with other people she met at petloss.com after I came to the Bridge. There were several people within about an hour's drive of Harrisburg, PA, so they all met at an Applebee's there - and it was wonderful to meet others whom she'd known only by user i.d. and furs' names! big grin Afterward, they all went out to the parking lot and had a balloon release for us bridgekids - we loved it! We could all see the balloons with our names - and our people cried on each other's shoulders. Of course, there'd be no crying with a Catster group, but my woman is sure you'd enjoy it.
[notify]

♥- Bella- ♥

I\'m married to- Tucker!!!

Purred: Tue Aug 31, '10 2:48pm PST 
Our Mom has had a couple of get-togethers with other Catster Moms! It is fun, and the Moms find they have a lot in common. And Mommie is actually seeing a couple of other Catster Moms this weekend, as they are all helping to transport a kitten from Michigan to his new home in Fargo. (hooray for getting a new furever home little Cirdan!!)
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Wed Sep 1, '10 7:42am PST 
I'd go, it was anywhere within reasonable driving distance. If not, and she knew enough ahead of time, Meowma could go using some free airline points. But she doesn't want me to go if she flies because then she couldn't keep my container where I could see her the whole time, so I would howl and be upset and make the other passengers mad all at the same time. red face
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Wed Sep 1, '10 3:15pm PST 
We could have a big Texas-sized party if we had a get together here! dancingcheerhappy dance

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Wed Sep 1, '10 3:33pm PST 
Bumper, I was actually thinking the same thing. I've always dreamed of meeting my dogster/catster friends in person. It's something I wanna do before I turn 25. The problem is, I'm all the way in Canada, so I'm not sure who wants to drive that far. Also, if I even think about meeting up with people over the internet, my mom will not only kill me, she'd probably give Jellybean to my aunt.

Just a reminder to everykit, remember this is the internet. You have not seen each other in person, so remember to stay safe. Never meet in a secret hiding place or anything. Always bring a friend with you and your cell phone. You should also let other people know where you are. I don't mean to sound preachy or discouraging, but safety is very important.
[notify]

Ava 4 ever- Mommy's- Angel

Mommy's Angel

Purred: Wed Sep 1, '10 10:01pm PST 
What a good idea, Bumpurr...There's lots of cat shows in CHICAGO!
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Thu Sep 2, '10 9:10am PST 
wave Gimli, Meowma says she could fly to Txas free on Airtran...
I agree you have to be careful, but Meowma has met several online friends in person;just one from catster,who lives near us, but there was a get-together of about 30 people from another site like this one where the same people hang out for ages. No "romance", "business deals", anything like that, and it was certainly discussed in open forums like this, so everyone on the board knew what was up, and was invited also. She also met someone she had "known'on another forum for quite a while twice for lunch when she was visiting Alaska (just another middle aged straight female!) and it went very very well and was fun. You just have to use some common sense about these things.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5