GO!

Found something scary in Innova EVO cat food...

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Munchie

Was that the can- opener?

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 8:16pm PST 
We had a couple of cats boarding with us this weekend, who were eating Innova EVO cat food, after they left I was cleaning out their townhouse and noticed something shiny in their food bowl, so I picked through it and found one of their kibbles had a piece of metal (confirmed on a microscope) embedded in it! I couldn't get a super good picture of it but you can see it's about the size of a pen tip, and you can see the whole in the kernel of food where it came out! EEK!

Piece of Metal Found in Innova Cat Food
[notify]

Munchie

Was that the can- opener?

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 8:19pm PST 
Here is a slightly better picture, you can see the 'hole' where the metal piece was:
Slightly Better Picture of the Metal Piece
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Mon Jul 12, '10 10:14pm PST 
Hi Munch, I hope you didn't throw it out because this is where you need to go to file a complaint. This is the FDA website and link on how to file a complaint about pet food:
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ReportaProbl em/ucm182403.htm
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Jul 13, '10 5:40am PST 
Geez, mol, for once, Munchie is not involved. applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause

Here is the site for Innova Eva, on the bottom, is the Cust Serv #, since that is all they gave you, you have to start there. Write down who you talked to and what they said, be prepared for them to blow you off. Altho there is a email address, don't even bother, you need to talk to live people. big grin

DO NOT let Cust Serv or anybody, talk you into sending that crunchie with the metal in it, to them. Once its out of your hands, you are SOL, its their word against yours, We never got a chruncy with metal in it. Same reason the hotel manager yanked that chore boy out of my hand and I grabbed it back, they knew it was evidence, and hoping I was stupid.

Your going to have to work your way up, so just be prepared and be patient, document who you talked to, their title, and what they said.

Ask who owns Innova, get a phone # and address, ask if another Corp owns the co name they give you, once you have the main corp name, I can look it up in the corp book and I got a whole plethera of names and phone #'s.

Start with the manager of the store where it was purchased, ask him/her, who their district manager is, get a name & phone #, then get his/her regional managers name and phone #, keep working your way up.

And decide, ahead of time, what it is that you want, so you are prepared for the discussion/debate, and these people excel at it. All I wanted was Bump's vet bills paid, but I had the evidence, and I had leverage, based on what it was, so just had to keep going up and up, until I got to the right person.

Also be prepared, you might be told, the kitties parents have to call, them being the owners and prob being the ones that bought the Innova and brought it to you to feed the kitties. Do what the prev poster told you to do, and, contact Innova, they need to know.

Never heard one bad thing about Innova, and have a friend who has a championship Persian, who feeds Innova, and is prob about as bad as me, mol.

http://www.evopet.com/

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Matty

Rescue cats- rule!

Purred: Wed Jul 14, '10 1:17pm PST 
That's too bad, they have a good reputation. Good luck with getting results, be persistent, companies absolutely have to take things like this seriously, especially in our instant-info sharing world. You could do some real damage if they don't investigate or take you seriously.
So glad no-kitty was hurt, and please keep us informed!
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Wed Jul 14, '10 1:26pm PST 
We would like to know what Evo says - since that's what I eat. And it's expensive!
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Wed Jul 14, '10 7:10pm PST 
Depending of the date the food was manufactured, this is Proctor & Gamble's problem.
May 5, 2010 Proctor &Gamble Acquires Natura Pet Products
[notify]

Lakoda

Look Cute and- You will get - Adopted

Purred: Thu Jul 15, '10 10:46am PST 
That only says they signed the agreement to purchase them - it can takes months for an acquisition to go through.
[notify]

Lakoda

Look Cute and- You will get - Adopted

Purred: Thu Jul 15, '10 10:46am PST 
That only says they signed the agreement to purchase them - it can takes months for an acquisition to go through.
[notify]

Nuk Anuk

Couching Tiger

Purred: Fri Jul 16, '10 2:07am PST 
Lakoda it also said... "P&G is targeting to close this deal in about a month, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory clearances."
That was early May....

Natura's own letter
"Dear Natura Consumer,
I am pleased to announce the acquisition of Natura Pet Products by Procter & Gamble was finalized on June 1st...."
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2