GO!

Morris has passed away

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 10:15am PST 
Hi. I don't frequent the forums anymore, but I think you guys should know that Morris passed away today. I found him in his bed outside (Morris & Buddy sleep in the garage) non responsive and not breathing. I tried mouth to nose resuscitation and rubbed him trying to get him going again but he was already gone. He was 6 years old and had always been the healthiest of the bunch. The vet is going to call us with the autopsy results later. He suspects heart attack or stroke since he was not showing any signs whatsoever of being sick prior to when we found him. Morris was such a special cat to me, I raised him and Buddy since they were tiny kittens and Morris was always really close to me in particular. I always kind of expected him to be around forever since he was so fit and active and healthy. I am just completely blindsided by the fact that he's gone. I just wasn't expecting it. cry

Edited by author Wed May 19, '10 5:50pm PST

Approved by forums moderator

Natasha

Princess Forever

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 6:48pm PST 
So sorry to hear about Morris and so young....and without warning. He will always be with you.
In your memories and thoughts. Take care of yourself and don't be too sad. Morris would not want
you to be unhappy. Our sympathies from Alex and Natasha and their owner, Sharon
[notify]

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 8:04pm PST 
Of course .... our "old" buddy, Dr. Morris, who hung around with us at The Late Late Show ... has come to join me at the Bridge.

Perhaps Dr. Morris had a bad heart like I did and didn't show it. He's with me now and I can assure you that he is watching over you.

Purrs and Peace,
Aragorn (and earthbound Athena and Apollo)

hughughughug

Zoey

Mom says I am- her special- Girl!!

Purred: Thu May 20, '10 1:36pm PST 
We are sorry to hear the news of Morris passing to the Rainbow Bridge!!
hughug
Zoey and Family
[notify]

Dr. Morris- Excalibur- Jonathan

Fast & Furry

Purred: Fri May 21, '10 11:31am PST 
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I feel very peaceful at the moment.

My vet said that his heart was a little thick and his pancreas had a small amount of hemorrhaging that was likely due to vomiting. Morris always had the habit of scarfing his food at lightning speed and sometimes vomiting afterward, so I think it was probably that. He sent samples of his heart to be tested for cardiomyopathy. He ruled out anything congenital, ingested, or any kind of sickness. He empathized that he was a healthy cat in general and he seemed pretty surprised that he passed away, but he said that a heart attack or stroke was the likely culprit and that it happened very quickly. He said it likely happened in his sleep as well. I keep a very close eye for odd behavior in all of my animals, but he never displayed any worrisome behavior at all, so I'm stumped. I'm planning on getting his brother Buddy a chest x-ray and/or an ECHO just to make sure his heart is healthy.

It's very comforting to know that he went likely quickly and without any distress. I'm having him privately cremated and I'll pick up his ashes soon.
[notify]

Angel Soc- Dreamboat- #56

sir soc because- he thinks hes- the boss

Purred: Sun May 23, '10 9:04am PST 
So sorry to hear about poor little Morris,may he fly free and watch over you all at The rainbow Bridge,
Loving purrs Soc and familyxxhughughug
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Tue May 25, '10 5:34pm PST 
Oh, Mom I'm so sorrie to hear this about Morris cry

I hope that yur Vet will give you an answer to whys???

Most importantly is, that you loved him & gave him a very good life & that you'll always tresure & remember! little angel

Take care.

Lubbs & gentle ~huggs~
Kally Kat & Mom Liz hug
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Wed May 26, '10 7:40am PST 
That happened to a friend of our's kitty named Purr Panther. He had pancreatitis for 6 years but it was very well controlled and didn't show any signs whatsoever of pain, illness or anything. Then one morning they woke up and he was just lying there by the fireplace, gone. The vet also said it was most likely a heart attack. It's very hard but take comfort that he went quickly and in his sleep. The way I passed wasn't so nice and it still haunts mommy. She'd much rather I left that way instead. It's very hard to lose any of our furbabies and please know you have our greatest sympathy and love.
little angel
[notify]

Osiris (in- loving- memory)

I sleep,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu May 27, '10 7:07am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
[notify]

Guido the- Italian- Kitty db 115

Life is- CATZOWEY!

Purred: Thu May 27, '10 1:21pm PST 
Shuksatini! I'ma so so so sad to hear about Morris. My purrayers come to all his family and I sendza Kitty Hug too
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2