GO!

THE SHELTER KILLED MY 5 FOSTER BABIES!

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Sterling Mithril

Jaws-I\'ll eat- anything!

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 2:17pm PST 
Mom went to check up on the foster babies today after taking them back yesterday because they were old enough to be adopted and found out ALL 5 KITTENS WERE KILLED THE SAME DAY MOM BROUGHT THEM BACK! The shelter manager, who knew mom was fostering them, told her they were aggressive and didn't even pick up the phone to talk to Mom - instead he had all 5 put down! GOD HELP THOSE POOR KITTENS!
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 3:59pm PST 
OH MY GOSH!

This is horrible. Is there anything you can do - report this to someone.

Poor babies.

xoxoxo

Mickey Piper- (We Miss- You)

Our Angel

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 4:00pm PST 
God, I don't know what to say. I am shocked and saddened that that happened. You spent so much time fostering them and loving them and hoping that kittens would find good home and then to find out they naver had the chance. Makes me think that the kittens"Being Aggresive" was just a horrible excuse the the shelters part. Makes me wonder what happened to some of the kitties we fostered to, as we used to foster years back. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.

Purrs and Huggs, Mickey and Family
[notify]

Sauterne

When I talk you- must listen

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 4:06pm PST 
We are so sorry to hear about this. Know that your foster babies are waiting for you across the rainbow bridge as I am waiting for my person.
[notify]

Sterling Mithril

Jaws-I\'ll eat- anything!

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 4:32pm PST 
Mom has already contacted the Board of Supervisors in Pima County here, the state senator Al Melvin (who is an advocate of no-kill animal shelters) and Heather Roe, an anchorwoman who is an animal defender. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE! I can't believe they killed those bottle babies.cry
[notify]

Midnight

Contented

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 8:22pm PST 
After all you went through with them poor kitties. I would never do that shelter a favor for nothing. This is absurd and I pity you. A rotten shame. The fools at that shelter. I would never even tell anyone to adopt a pet from there for nothing. People have no patience at all.
[notify]

Darwin

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 9:23pm PST 
This is just awful news. I just can't believe anyone would do such a thing. I am in tears at this point, but I am so angry!
[notify]

Gracie

I'm the baby,- gotta love me!

Purred: Fri Oct 23, '09 9:42pm PST 
Sterling,

If you can get the name of whoever is this person's boss, and post it here, I am sure you would find plenty of catsters who are willing to write a complaint letter against this director lady. Something is not right. Bottle babies are usually tame, not feral-like.

It will help your case if you have anything to document the whole thing, that you were in charge of fostering them, so that she can't claim that they were an owner surrender. I would demand for this person to be removed, or threaten that you will take this evidence to the news media. I doubt that they want the bad press.
[notify]

Sadie/ In- loving- memory

My Angel Girl

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 1:09am PST 
This is such a sad story, I can't believe what they did. I would take it farther and lodge complaints too. I'm so sorry you went through this. Those poor little babies.
[notify]

♥- Tasha- ♥

Cat; I'm a kitty- cat!

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 5:40am PST 
How horrible. Gracie is right- I would have no trouble writing a letter of complaint for you. cry
[notify]

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5