GO!

Cat Grass

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Brigid

The Princess is- in the building!- ;)

Purred: Tue Aug 25, '09 12:21pm PST 
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but....
I bought the cat grass that you grow yourself, and gave it to my cats. They both threw up right away, cat grass and saliva etc only. I am not sure if that is what is supposed to happen. It is supposed to be good for them, but that doesn't seem good if they threw it up/regurgitated it? When Brigid was first brought in, she made it out the door one time and went straight to the grass and ate a bit. When I brought her in the next day there was a HUGE hairball. I thought maybee the grass helped bring it up, but now they just throw up the grass. Any ideas? is it good for them, should I try it with them again? Why do people offer it? H-E-L-P!!!!! kitty
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Tue Aug 25, '09 4:17pm PST 
Brigid, cat grass does help them regurgitate hairballs. It might just be that they are not used to it. myself do not buy the stuff at the pet stores, I buy seeds (Oatgrass) and grow myself, this grass is easier on their stomachs.
[notify]

Brigid

The Princess is- in the building!- ;)

Purred: Tue Aug 25, '09 5:19pm PST 
Ok, so we should get oatgrass? Can you tell me where I could get it for them??? I just want to give them a richer environment. Thanks!wink
[notify]

Bishop

Mr. ``B``

Purred: Wed Aug 26, '09 6:02am PST 
To see how to make an Indoor cat lawn go to www.weirdstuffwemake.com and click on cat page and then the link cat grass. It is really helpful way to goway to goway to go

Edited by author Wed Aug 26, '09 6:09am PST

[notify]

Bishop

Mr. ``B``

Purred: Wed Aug 26, '09 6:03am PST 
Our winters here are filled with TONS of snow and very cold weather. So, I am going to try the above indoor lawn for my kitties. They love grass. I let them out in my enclosed backyard and the first thing they run to is to eat the grass. And yes they throw it up as well.

Edited by author Wed Aug 26, '09 6:12am PST

[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Wed Aug 26, '09 7:15am PST 
I would tend to think you could get it at any farm/garden/tractor supply place, like Agway, Farm and Tractor Supply, Home Depot, etc. Hope this helps. big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Wed Aug 26, '09 9:54am PST 
We get our seeds form the local feed store
[notify]