GO!

Lost my 2 babies in less than 2 weeks.

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

Callie ~- R.I.P Sweet- Baby Girl

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 9:57am PST 
Tiger and Callie went to the Bridge suddenly and it broke my heart.

I am an experienced foster mommy to unweaned kittens and was raising these sweeties on the side (foster for the Humane Society, but these babies were from a lady who posted on CL about 2 kittens she found under a house).

I got them at 2 weeks old, we only had Tiger for 3 weeks when I came home from a short errand to find him lifeless. I was crushed. The CL lady backed out of financial support and told me she didn't want to take the babies back when they were weaned anymore about 3 days before Tiger passed. I had fallen in love and my family and I decided to allow ourselves to love them as they would be living with us forever after I received that call.

Callie was crushed when Tiger passed and we almost lost her within 24 hours, but she pulled through and had just been approved by my Foster Coordinator to join in the weaning pen with a pair of fosters I was doing for the HS after she checked out at the vet. She loved Kissie and Suzie and they played little Mama to thier new 4 1/2 week old friend (even though they are only 3 and 2 months old themselves).

My husband came downstairs before me on the morning of August 4, 2009 and found Callie laying in the middle of the weaning pen having a seizure. He grabbed her and she was paralyzed, but seizing. My sweet husband, a tough guy by all standards, tried to keep our little girl alive long enough to get to the vet. In less than 10 minutes she was gone, though, I hadn't even been able to get both kids in the car cry.

They were loved so much, and they are missed even more. They were a pair of sweet kitties that knew how to tug on your heartstrings.

RIP Babies, you are missed. We will see you at the Bridge with our other furbabies that have passed before.
[notify]

Emma Barrett

It\'s good to be- the Queen

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 11:54am PST 
Oh, we know how your feel. Our meowmy lost four cats all at once in Hurricane Katrina, three of them were littermates and only four months old. Sadly young kittens can die very suddenly and quickly.

Bless you for taking in these little babies, and giving them a loving home for the short time they were with you. All the kittens who are now at the Rainbow Bridge were there to meet and welcome them, and all the cat lovers there now will make sure they never lack for a lap to sit in, or hands to pet them.

Soft Paw Pats and Hugs - The New Orleans Kitieshug
[notify]

QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 2:07pm PST 
We are so sorry for your loss cry We have lost many foster kittens over the years, many of them suddenly and with no warning. The younger they are, the more fragile they are, as you probably know from fostering. My foster advisor always made me feel a little better by telling me that at least they were fed and warm and had shelter and most importantly were LOVED - which is something alot of kitties never experience in their lives - especially if they were rescued from the outside. Your kittens are now angels at the bridge, and I'm sure they are frolicing with all the kittens we've lost too. little angel We just pause, take some time to grieve, and turn our concentration to all the little ones who still need us. We never, never forget, but the ones who come after can distract you for awhile and eventually help heal your heart.
[notify]

Aragorn (In- Memory)

One Cool Cat

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 5:01pm PST 
Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever . . . ~author unknown~

Callie and Tiger are safe and being well-cared for here at the Bridge.

Kitty kisses to you. Being a foster purrson for such tiny kittens leaves your heart open to being broken time after time, although eventually, it becomes a Heart of Gold. cloud 9

Purrs and Peace,
Aragorn

Edited by author Thu Aug 6, '09 6:56pm PST

Taag Our Guardian Angel

Her Majesty

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 6:27pm PST 
Oh! Your poor hearts!

I have to echo Quincy and say that I'm so glad that Tiger and Callie knew human hands that held, caressed and cared for them with Love.
But I'm sad for you and your husband who had to say farewell so soon to them.

It gave me a little start to read your post. I died in the same manner as Callie and while it was quick... It also felt as if I had been torn away from my family.

I have a soft spot for the little ones. They touch the mother in me. I will keep watch over both Tiger and Callie until that time of reuniting.

Tender purrs of comfort to you and your husband. hug
[notify]

Lilah Alexis- 4 ever- young

Purred: Fri Aug 7, '09 4:53pm PST 
I was in a shelter for 3 months, then a rescue group for three weeks, then a home. Only problem was that I wasn't eating good and my biscuits were runny. I went to the vet and she was worried...said I had poor muscle tone and possibly fluid in my belly. Meowmy tried hard to get me to eat. I got better during week 3. Week 4, started to feel icky again. Went back to the vet. Tried a dewormer. ( although I already was dewormed at rescue). Vet told mom She wanted to see me again in two weeks. Well, week 5 at my home ( I had finally become part of the family week 3) was when I got really sick and wouldn't eat or drink. I took a nap and mom noticed I hadn't changed positions in a while so she came to check on me and I couldn't stand up. I went to this place with this couch and table with wheels. I crossed the bridge there. Meowmy cried hard but I had to let her know it was ok cuz I got out of that shelter and got to have a real home. I experienced what a bed was, window, cat condo and couches...most importantly love, kisses and laps. I am grateful for that. I will take care of those little kitties, don't worry.little angel
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Fri Aug 7, '09 6:32pm PST 
Yes, Lilah, yew were sew furrtunate to hab a wunnerful real gud & luvin home wif yur meowmy & not in da shelter to leave our Mother Earth.

We will always lub yew & miss yew fureva sweetheart. little angellittle angel

Lubbs & ((((hugs ))))
Kally Kat & Momkatt Liz ♥♥ hughughug
[notify]

Kodi forever- loved- 1995-2004

I'm only here- waiting on my- Mommy

Purred: Sun Sep 27, '09 8:25pm PST 
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost two of my precious babies within two months of each other and that was bad enough. At least these beautiful babies got to experience unconditional love. Something they probably never got to have before. God bless you for all you do.
[notify]

Miss Daisy

I'm a happy- girl!

Purred: Mon Sep 28, '09 9:12am PST 
We will be Purring Fur You!!! little angellittle angel
[notify]