GO!

Theres something up with my cats eye.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Squash

I'm Just- Purrrfect

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '09 8:49pm PST 
Tonight I noticed Squash had her right eye barely open. It was red and seemed irritated. She was itching it also. Is there just something in her eye or is it something more serious? Answers and help appreciated.
[notify]

bicho

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '09 8:55pm PST 
The first things that come to mind are either a scratch in her eye or an infection. Both are serious enough to take her to the vet and will probably warrant some kind of antibiotic eye drops or similar.
[notify]

Squash

I'm Just- Purrrfect

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '09 9:46pm PST 
Her vet told us she has dry eyes also. Could that have anything to do with it?
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Mon Jun 29, '09 9:56pm PST 
Defiantly call your vet and if it is late you can use the same eye wash for people until you get a hold of your vet. I do not know if dry eye would cause that to happen. My Mother, human Mom, has dry eye and she has to use drops for that. She gets them from Walgreen's.
Good luck and plz let us know what happens.
hug
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Tue Jun 30, '09 12:33am PST 
bicho is right, it could be a scratch in her eye or an infection, maybe the start of feline herpes, try to get her to the vet asap
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Jun 30, '09 3:48am PST 
Definately take her to the vet. Bumpurr had that once, one eye he
wouldn't open, the outer rims were red, and he pawed at it.

They put him on eurthamicin eye med, its a small tube, looks like
vasoline, and you put it in their eye every 12 hrs. They also put him on
L-Lysine, 500 mgs, once a day. Forget now, the other med they put him
on.

If you don't treat it, it gets worse. Best of luck. big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin
[notify]

Squash

I'm Just- Purrrfect

Purred: Tue Jun 30, '09 8:57am PST 
Thanks for the help!smile
Her eye seems better today though, so it probably wasnt that serious.
[notify]

Squash

I'm Just- Purrrfect

Purred: Tue Jun 30, '09 12:10pm PST 
Forget the last post, there was a small scratch in her eye. We got antibioctics and it'll be fine.way to go
[notify]

Miss Puff

carma works,- wish I never- chaced Meow

Purred: Tue Jun 30, '09 5:35pm PST 
Woot! That is so cool that it was not all that bad then. Not that I think any scratch to the eye is not something to sneeze at. Mol. I am glad you saw your vet.
[notify]