GO!

stray mom and kittens

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Jun 18, '09 1:44pm PST 
Ugh

BF went to get the mail and a lady told him there was a calico mom stuck under her traielr with kittens (it rained and flooded a bit). So he called me and we checked it out. Mom is fine, she can get out she just doesn't want to because there's so many people near her litter. The water isn't near them so they're not in any immediate danger.

She wants to trap them but none of us have any room to foster them right now. I'm going to try to come up with something though. We're just going to leave food/water out for her at this time. shrug
[notify]

QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Fri Jun 19, '09 8:13am PST 
Good Luck to you getting them. I wish we had room to foster them, but our rescue is full too. frown
Let us know how it goes.
[notify]

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Jun 25, '09 12:09pm PST 
I cauht a couple people trying to catch mom cat with their bare hands.

I don't know what they're thinking. I'm trying to get people interested in the kittens and then when they're older I'll trap them, but she's going to move them if people don't stop screwing with her.
[notify]

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Thu Jun 25, '09 4:28pm PST 
I think you guys should trap the kittens now when they're still young. It'll be harder when they're older because they'll be wild. Once you get the babies, drug mom and take her in to be spayed. Where are you located? I know someone on catster who does cat rescue.
www.catster.com/cats/299325
is the link to a kitty named Cinderella. Their website is
http://www.huricanepetsrescue.org
Hope I've helped some.
[notify]

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Jun 25, '09 5:41pm PST 
I will when they're 4-5wks old, but rght now they're too young and I'd rather not take them from mom until they're at least 4 wks.

And I think I'm getting suckered into bottle feeding three, 1 wk old kittens. I saw an ad "Kittens! in need of dire help!"

mom cat got hit on the road. Owner is bottel feeding them but works 12hrs a day and her job won't allow her to bring them with. So she's looking for a nrusing mom cat and of course, we can't find one.
[notify]

♥- Nina- ♥- rehomed

Jellybean the- queen <3

Purred: Fri Jun 26, '09 7:16pm PST 
Wait? I'm confused, so these kitties have an owner? Sounds like it to me. Well, if that's the case, I must say they're pretty irresponsible. What's mom and babies doing outside in the first place, and why wasn't she spayed? At least if she was pregnant, she could've at least had her babies in a welping box. Sheesh, poor mama, I hope she's ok. If you need a replacement mama, why don't you contact your local shelter or some catteries. They never run out of mom cats.
[notify]

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Sun Jun 28, '09 1:11pm PST 
sorry, two different litters.

One of them is witha feral cat, the others were a farm cats litter.

We found a lady that's going to nurse the kittens. We weren't able to find any nursing moms for some reason.
[notify]

Pip&Squeak - Adopted

Purred: Tue Aug 4, '09 4:46pm PST 
Well I trapped the babies. There's 3, but my friend took one of them for me, so I'm fostering two. Pip and Squeak. Pip is going to be a hard nut but Squeak is pretty okay with being held.
[notify]

Pip&Squeak - Adopted

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 4:54am PST 
For some reason the lady that was caring for the mom cat took her to the dang shelter! I'm going to try to get her out. I don't get paid until tomorrow though so I'm not sure what's going to happen. She's feral and I know the lady told them that and that she's not owned, so I hope they didn't just kill her.
[notify]

QUINCY

I've never met a- kitten I didn't- like

Purred: Thu Aug 6, '09 8:22am PST 
Pip & Squeak are so cute!!wave Too bad you couldn't get them a little younger though - they would be easier to tame. Hope all goes well with the Mama cat - it's certainly not her fault she is feral.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2