GO!

New Kittens

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sunrise

The- Chemists's- Assistant-

Purred: Sun May 3, '09 11:09am PST 
Hey Cats!
Because mewmy can't take me to the USA, she is going to get new kittens. Because it has been 11 years since she and Nanna went shopping from scratch, what products should we buy and which should we avoid?
Mewmy is thinking of buying a cat stroller, because she doesn't want to cart the kittens back and forth from the vet, which is only a few blocks from the apartments, for her school. Any suggestions on those?
Also, the kittens will primarily be indoors in a small apartment for the first two years.. How should mewmy keep them entertained while she is at classes?
Mewmy will be getting her new babies in October, after moving in to the apartment in September.
The kittens will need cat carriers as well, due to having to be with mom for Christmas and other holidays. Should mewmy buy hard or soft carriers? We have had both and both seem to work... Thank you all SO much, and please tell us ANY and all advice you may have.
By The Way: Mewmy has already picked names for her new babies... Please rate 1-5 -- 1 being worst and 5 being best... and why...

Thank You Cats For EVEFURRYTHING!!!
Love Sunrise

P.S. or we might possibly get some older fur-babies 18 months?
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Sun May 3, '09 2:44pm PST 
Sunshine's Mom:

There are so very many older cats in shelters who need homes, would you consider giving two of them a home. Especially with all the homes being foreclosed people are giving their cats to shelters, or even worse, just leaving them in the house. As far as carriers, I like the soft ones, you can fold them to store, and they don't weight as much as hard carriers.

Visit local shelters, look for two cats who are already bonded and adult. The love and companionshship they will give you cannot be measured. And, since you said you will be attending school, they will not mind being alone while you are at school. Kittens have LOTS of energy, and would need more attention than two grown cats.

Good luck, and keep us posted. If you do decide on kittens, two are still better, as they keep each other occupied.

The New Orleans Kitties = Buddy Bolden, Louis Armstrong, Emma Barrett, Benny Grunch, Pete Fountain and Charmaine Neville

Edited by author Sun May 3, '09 2:45pm PST

[notify]

Sunrise

Purred: Sun May 3, '09 8:28pm PST 
Ok, now she is considering kittens or young adults...
[notify]

Uno

I am the big- brother.

Purred: Mon May 4, '09 12:52pm PST 
My sister and I come from a litter of three. Mom took me, and my middle sister. The tiniest sister was spoken for already.
She always says she is soo glad she took both of us.
She knows we have been a comfort to each other when she and Dad
had to be gone at work.
She would have worried too much about any kitten left behind also.
We play together, get in trouble together, it is never a dull moment.
We are one now, and still coming into our own. If no tiny kittens are available, an older cat would be fun, too. (less destructive, too laugh out loud

She looks forward to our little surprises........
[notify]

Lucky and- babies -ALL- ADOPTED

Purred: Mon May 4, '09 4:33pm PST 
Kittens are nice but I don't think I'd want to raise them into adults again lol BeBe and Nasty were a handlful and these lil' ones I just fostered were terrors. Older cats are def. the way to go.
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Mon May 4, '09 7:54pm PST 
Yes, especially if keeping them busy indoors while the Mewmy is at school is an issue; I think I'd look for a full grown pair of cats who came to the shelter together--this is very, very, common and some rescue groups wwon't even separate such pairs. Either way--good luck--and by the way, what is happening to the kitty who does not get to go? I worry about us old kitties!
[notify]

Sunrise

Purred: Tue May 5, '09 4:34am PST 
The kitty aka me, is staying in Doha, Qatar. I will be well taken care of by Mewmy's Nanna and Papa.
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue May 5, '09 2:08pm PST 
Just checking, Sunrise; I look out for us old folks!
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Tue May 5, '09 7:00pm PST 
i have to speak up for older cats. they make better pets then kittens because you allready know how they act. kittns you can raise from birth and they still dont turn out how you want. plus, there our rescues out there (mine for example) that have GREAT young adults who are fixed and have shots for under 30 bucks.

not many people will consider older cats and its sad, because its the older cats who are the ones who get put to sleep at shelters. there will ALLWAYS be homes for cute kittens.
[notify]

Sunrise

Purred: Wed May 6, '09 2:01pm PST 
Now mom is considering 1-2 years old. Depends on what her shelter has.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2