GO!

Ragdoll Size!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions - big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Koda

Loves to love

Purred: Sat Feb 21, '09 11:09pm PST 
My name is Koda, I am 8 months old and weigh around 9.5 lbs! Anyone have any guesses to how big I will get? Or any full grown ragdolls out there that know how big they were at around 8 months that I can compare to? I'm just curious smile I hope to be a big boy! laugh out loud
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Sun Feb 22, '09 7:38am PST 
Beautiful beautiful cat!!! big grin

Ragdolls are known to be big built boys, very affectionate, go limp when
you pick them up, and will fetch. big grin

My guess is he will top out around 20 lbs. When Bumpurr was around 8
months, one of the judges, looked at his paws, and said, he will top out at
20 lbs, he did. big grin

My 2 kittens just turned 6 months on Fri, and they weigh 8.12 and 8.14, as
of a week ago, so they are going to be big boys too. big grin

Just a suggestion, mol, but if your going to let him ride loose in the car, you
might want to put some tags on him, just in case. G forbid you get in an
accident and he goes flying thru the windshield, or gets loose. shock

I know ya didn't ask, mol, but I had to mention it, one of my pet peeves. big grin

On occassion I share a ride to a show. She lets her cats loose in the car,
which makes me very nervous. Not them being in the way, but if we
should get in an accident. When its my turn to drive, I make her put them
back in their cages, I don't want to be responsible for them getting loose.

It happened on the way back from one show. I was driving, hit a deer, and
everything went flying forward. Thank G, they were in their cages. big grin

Feel free to yell at me, mol, but I can't not say something, then hear later,
something happened to somebodys cats. Would rather get yelled at, for
saying it, mol, than not saying it, and find out something happened.

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin: Dbig grin
[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Tue Feb 24, '09 6:28am PST 
Is he a registered purebred Ragdoll? A good indicator would be the size of his parents and their past litters. Atrus's sire was 18lbs and his mother was 16lbs (large for a female) so I would expect him to be a big boy and at 10 months he is over 13lbs. Generally, a male will weigh 15-20lbs but they can be smaller. He won't reach his full size for years, regardless. For the first year, gaining a pound (or more) a month is normal. Also, be sure to keep him on a kitten specific food for 14-16 months rather than 12.
[notify]

Sammy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 12:52pm PST 
I'm in the same boat with Sammy... He has longer fur then a Siamese, but a little shorter then a Ragdoll. He's HUGE for his age (weighs around 8 to 10 lbs)!!! He goes limp when you pick him up and loves to held like a baby on his back. When he's laying on his back he's so relaxed and completely enjoys it (call it a spralled eagle).

He's a chocolate point and has the most intensed blue eyes. I had a pure bred Chocolate Point Siamese years ago and his eyes were never this color blue.

He loves to come to the door to greet us when we get home. I do have to watch my steps because he loves to follow me around the house. When we got him last week he was never around little ones (I have a 19 mo old grandson living we me) or a dog (I have a Service Dog). In a couple days he has accepted the dog and now will go very close to Shadow to say hi. He even likes my grandson..

So, I was thinking he's a Siamese/Ragdoll mix.. Anybody else think so too?

Ellen and Sammy
[notify]