GO!

Pregnant stray turned house cat looking for her forever home!(PA)

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Annie

i iz kute!

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 9:09am PST 
Mama cat is still looking for a home. We found her as a pregnant stray in March. At first she was a little shy, but has totally warmed up to people and seems to want to leave her past as an "outside" cat behind her and spend the rest of her days in a loving home. If anyone knows of any rescues in or around Pa that I can get in touch with please let me know. She's a great cat, but our cats don't seem to get along with her and we've reached out "limit" on furry friends. For more information take a look at her page. I added a video I took of her the other day. We really need to place her soon. She is becoming really stressed out in our home and needs someone who will spend a lot of time with her. She is for a lack of better words "clingy," when it comes to her human companions and loves attention. She is scratching post and litter box trained. We haven't had her spayed yet due to money issues. Contact me if you're interested!
[notify]

Eddy- (angel-cat- now)

You can call me- Eddy the- magnificent!

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 8:38pm PST 
OH SWEETIE!! She deserves her happy ending!!

I am so purring for her!! Keep us posted!!

There is really no chance of her getting along with the other resident cats?
[notify]

Annie

i iz kute!

Purred: Fri May 30, '08 1:08am PST 
I'm pretty sure it's not going to be possible. My mothers two year old cat Roxanne was never really socialized well and seems to only get along with Lexi because she's known her since she was little. Plus Roxie is a little bit feral so she's acts violently toward her(And most people!) and could very easily injure her considering she is like three times her size. Also we already have three cats and a dog so I really don't think she'd be able to get the attention she needs especially considering I'm going off to college next summer and it's mandatory that I have to live on campus for two semesters before I can even get an apartment. I just wouldn't feel right leaving her at here when she could live somewhere safer and get more attention.
[notify]

Annie

i iz kute!

Purred: Fri May 30, '08 9:28am PST 
URGENT Update!:

Apparently if she does not find a home within the next few days my mother is taking her to a farm. This is NOT good news. She is not fixed and I HIGHLY doubt this person she is taking her to will get her spayed because he already has two cats that currently have litters. He also told my mother that he would take her because the cats tend to "not last that long anyway." I am the one who has paid for all her food and meds up until this point and I'm only seventeen.
UGH.
My mother is so irresponsible. She won't even take her to a shelter.

I'm sorry if this is starting to sound desperate.
:[

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area interested in taking her in? (It can be farther, but you'd have to pick her up.)
-Kayla
[notify]

Mozart

Mo cat for your- money

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 3:50am PST 
You might want to try petfinder.com. Do a search for cats in your zip code area. The search will not only provide you with shelters, but also rescues. From there, you can click on the rescue name for contact info. Wish I could help, but I'm on the Philly side of the state.

Godd luck.

Purrs,

Mo'
[notify]

Annie

i iz kute!

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 5:03am PST 
Thanks for the tip! I had actually contacted all of the no kill shelters already a while back and most of them require a donation of around $100. I also have tried placing adds on petfinder, but still no luck.

I did get my mom to agree that a shelter would probably be better than a farm though. We have one shelter in Pittsburgh that's an open door shelter(meaning they have to take in whatever animals you bring at no cost...). Although this doesn't mean that they won't euthanize her as soon as we bring her in because I'm pretty sure they have to euthanize frequently to take in so many animals.

I also got her to give me until the 9th of June to re-home her which is good.
[notify]

Pete- Fountain

So happy to have- a safe and- loving home!

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 5:15am PST 
Kayla:

Bless you for trying to hard to find Mama cat a good home. We live way down in South Louisiana, so too far away to take her.

However, we will send CONTSTANT purrs and prayers that someone decides to be adopted by Mama cat. She is so pretty, we know she would make someone a wonderful companion.

Pete Fountain, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong & Benny Grunch

'THE POWER OF PURR FOR MORE ADOPTIONS"hug
[notify]

Annie

i iz kute!

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 5:29am PST 
thanks
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 12:16pm PST 
Would your vet allow you to put up a sign in his office? Also, if your mom works, maybe she could post a sign at work. I would also see if any of the local pet stores would allow you to post signs. Be sure and charge $$ for her so that she doesn't end up with someone who has bad intentions.

You are doing a good thing and I'm so glad your mom gave you an extension!
[notify]

Esther - DEARLY- MISSED

I\\\'m the right- amount of- crabby!

Purred: Sat May 31, '08 4:37pm PST 
Please try posting in every vet's office, petsmart, grocery store that will let you. Please remember to NOT put 'free to good home' on the posting, as some REALLY unkind people tend to answer those ads and heaven help what happens to the babies. Instead, list it as 'small adoption fee'. Mommy will ask around and see if there are any groups out there that can help you. We are in Philly, but maybe someone knows someone who knows someone...

Bless you!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2