GO!

Another very sad day coming up.

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Willow. - Rainbow- Bridge.

Felix is my- husband.

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 11:24am PST 
We were reading through the new diary entries and came across Simba's latest entry.
This is so sad, she has fought long and hard.

Simb a Says

A Message from Simba's Mommy

May 19th 2008 11:15 am

On 27 June 2006, Simba was given 1-4 months to live. My little girl's a fighter, though, and she not only lived to see her 19th birthday but also her 20th. Unfortunately, shortly after her 20th birthday she entered a downward spiral akin to the horrible events of October/November 2006. Simba was not eating (although in the wee hours she snuck just enough food to make it through another day), not drinking, unable to stomach her meds, and vomiting. After many, many phone calls to her interim vet and a final desperate phone call to Dr. Chris (who is on maternity leave), it seems that little else is available for treatment methods.

With more bad days than good and no further treatment available, the time has come. It is with extreme sorrow that I must tell you all that Simba will be euthanized on Friday (probably 3:00 Catster time - the time should be finalized today). This is by far the most difficult decision I've had to make and the most painful thing I've had to do.

However, there is a silver lining: Simba's latest problems seem to be a product of pain (probably from several of her numerous conditions). While she's maxed out on her pain dosage, we were given the go-ahead to increase the frequency of her pain medication. With three times daily dosages, Simba is able to enjoy her final days with me and she's even interested in a few of her favorite foods. There's nowhere to go from here in terms of treatment and so she'll be spoiled rotten for the rest of this week with all her favorite foods and as much lap time as she wants.

We won't be online much this week for what I hope are obvious reasons.

I should add, for those of you who know how very close that Simba and I are, that our relationship has one more beautiful moment added to its long list and I'll share that with you now. Some of you know that Sim's Dad gives her medication, mostly because I fear that she'd become afraid of me if I were to administer it. For the last few days, I have taken over those medication duties because my schedule ensures that we can get the drugs into her EXACTLY every 8 hours. It turns out that I had nothing to fear: although she meows and squirms when I give her the drugs, as I walk away to rinse the syringe Sim pauses in her mad dash, turns on her heels, and follows me. True story: even after I hold her down and dose her, she wants to be where I am.

While Sim and I prepared a few diary entries long ago for this day (and thus her diary will continue for at least a little while after Friday), this will likely be the last entry while Simba is still with me. And so, she would like to send one last earth-bound set of GLOMPITY GLOMP GLOMPS to all her Catster friends.

---
Note: Simba's euthanasia will be performed in our home so that she won't have to take the car ride she so thoroughly hates. She will also receive a sedative. And, of course, I'll be with her for it all.

Simba's ID no is 339606

Edited by author Mon May 19, '08 12:23pm PST

[notify]

Cheyanne

♥ Simbas Lucky- Wife! ♥

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 11:40am PST 
Oh dear.... purrs for sweet Simba. She is such a good kit, and we all love her so....

Purrs & Pounces,
~Chey~ (on behalf of the Empire)
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 12:17pm PST 
OH MY DEAR we are purring for you and your mommy.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ele' - Elphaba- Harriott

Pink, please

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 1:06pm PST 
We were so heartbroken after reading Simba's diary today. Simba is one of the Catster's that mommy has come to love like one of her own. She has been such a fighter and such an inspiration to all of us! We can not imagine how difficult this is for Simba's mommy...our hearts go out to them both.

Love,
Ele', Gimme, Ambro, and mommy
hughughughug
[notify]

Hazel Lucy,- Charles- Dorney, Ma

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 3:26pm PST 
This is so hard, knowing you're leaving, sharing through words the love between you and your purrfect mom. You have made many friends, have inspired all Catsters everywhere.
I will miss my GEOMETRY (kittygodmom) but you will fly with my furhusband Buddie and his sis McKenna and all the amazing catster alngels.
tearful,
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

Smudge

Sweet Cheeks !!

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 3:39pm PST 
we are sending comforting purrrs to Sim and Family, sweet Simba you and your mummy have been our pals for such a long time... we just dont know what to say..words cannot express how we feel, we are here any time love to you all

Smudge N Bob xxx
[notify]

Wally♥Forever Loved

Sophie\\\'s- Forever Love

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 4:21pm PST 
Calling all Angels.
We have formed a group to welcome sweet Simba to The Bridge.
Please join
A Circle of love for Simba.
It is open to all angels.

Love always
Wally
little angel
[notify]

Morey- Amsterdam- 1992-2005

I am THE lover- boy!

Purred: Mon May 19, '08 5:57pm PST 
Love you Simba. Loved you since your first day on Catster.
[notify]

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 12:39am PST 
Simba you're the best Guardee a Guardian Angel could ever have!

I luv you girlie and I'll be right there waiting for you and the cutest tummy ever!

Enjoy your family, sweetheart.

Your Guardian Angel,
Biscuit
[notify]

Samoa - Diva Angel

Supreme- Detective &- Beauty Queen

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 6:05am PST 
Simba has touched all of us, and we are so sorry that she will be making her journey to the bridge this week.

Purring for a special week of cuddling with her Mommy, and a peaceful journey.

hug

Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar and Mawmee
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4