GO!

An urgent stupid question from my mommy

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

In loving- memory of - Maria

wild girl

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 5:03pm PST 
my babies are now 18 days and the are looking fine...
they are eating kittys formula and are placed in a warm spot but m mommy realise that they don´t poop very much she want´s too know what she can do to help them to poop.

thank you allred facered facered facered facered facered face
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 5:14pm PST 
At 18 days old, she's probably licking their butts which is why it doesn't seem like they're pooping very much. I have limited experience with kittens that young, but that would be my guess.
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 5:15pm PST 
At 18 days old, she's probably licking their butts which is why it doesn't seem like they're pooping very much. I have limited experience with kittens that young, but that would be my guess.
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 5:16pm PST 
Sorry I didn't mean to post that twice and I just saw your original post. Were you able to get the kittens to the vet like the other posters recommended? Do you know what your cat died of? Is it something the kittens could have gotten like a URI or FIV/leukemia? (I can't remember if both of those can be transmitted by Mom to baby.)

Edited by author Wed Apr 30, '08 5:18pm PST

[notify]

wild girl

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 5:19pm PST 
unfortunantly i passed away and my mommy is taking care of them that is way she is worried about they don´t poop.... little angel
[notify]

Pretty- (Forever in- our hearts)

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 8:44pm PST 
Are they pooping at all? If they are then maybe it just seems like it's a little because they're so small and not eating much yet.

I posted this in your post in the Kitten Corner...

"If the kittens are not going potty by themselves yet, you will need to help them go by using a small cloth with warm water on it and gently rub their bottoms. They should be producing both urine and solid stools."

I'm praying for you and the kittens. It sounds like you are taking very good care of them. Keep us posted about how they are doing.

hug
[notify]

wild girl

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 2:25am PST 
my babies are great... they are 1 month and 15 days. they already do everything by them selfs they are start to eat solid food. they already go the the litter box.. i´m very happy.
if you guys want to see them came to my profile and check them out.

meows and purrslittle angel
[notify]

♥- Suey- ♥

Loved

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '08 4:09am PST 
Your babies are beautiful. Bless you for taking such good care of themsmile
[notify]