GO!

Bent Tail and Swollen Rear End

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Bella

When in need,- run home!!

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '08 3:45pm PST 
Ok, at the base of my tail, it is kinda swollen. Also, my tail is kind of bent. It used to hurt, but now it doesn't hurt all that much. What could it be?
[notify]

Bella

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '08 3:56pm PST 
Anyone????
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Mon Mar 31, '08 11:47pm PST 
well, if the rear end is swollen, you might try calling your vet, make sure it is nothing serious.
[notify]

Hector

Is that the- fridge I hear?

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '08 12:19pm PST 
It sounds to me like she might have fallen and hurt her rear end.
I would recommend seeing the vet in case she has broken her tail and to make sure that there is no internal bleeding.
Is she indoor or outdoor? If she's outdoor then there's no telling what she may have done to herself (or what someone else might have done to her.)
Either way, I would say call the vet.
Good luck!
[notify]

Bella

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '08 12:45pm PST 
She is indoor
[notify]

Omar- (1998-2008)

How blue can you- get

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '08 12:51pm PST 
Even so, give the vet a call. She could have had an accident you don't know about.
[notify]

Sheba

Murrrr

Purred: Tue Apr 1, '08 3:18pm PST 
Is it possible that she got her tail caught in a door while it was closing? It is a pretty common problem for kitties. I second the recommendation to call the vet.
[notify]