GO!

Hairballs

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper's- Lonely Hearts- Club

Purred: Sat Mar 22, '08 3:23pm PST 
We went on vacation and when we came back our cat had thrown up a lot. Some hairballs and some just liquid. He threw up a little before we left too. He seems to be lethargic and doesn't seem interested in playing or drinking and eating that much. I gave him a little butter and he ate some.

Should we be worried? I was thinking of going to the pet store to get some of that hairball goo that helps then digest. I haven't had time to see if the butter has done anything since I gave it to him like 20 minutes ago.
[notify]

Monkey

I miss My- Bro-Fur...

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '08 8:25am PST 
Although the problem may be hairball related... You might also consider that it could be something she got into? The food you feed might not be agreeable in the long term on the tummy?

I'm actually spitballing here... but there really is no substitute for a Vet visit since the symptoms don't end with hairballs being hacked up... You've got lethargy, lack of appetite, etc... that's adding up to a need for a Vet...

I sure hope your baby gets and feels better!! hughug purrrrrrrrrrrring for you!
[notify]

Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper's- Lonely Hearts- Club

Purred: Wed Mar 26, '08 7:27am PST 
We took him to the vet when it opened on Monday and he was dehyrated and they didn't see any sort of blockage but there was "bubbles" in his intestines. They gave him fluids and an appetite stimulaten and we took him home and he was so worn out from the vet that he just slept and we took him back in the morning so that the vet had him for observation and in case the radialogist says to operate. It's Wednesday morning and we are still waiting to hear, but the fluids are making him feel better so he might be fine today once he is properly hydrated.

I am worried though frown
[notify]

Monkey

I miss My- Bro-Fur...

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '08 8:41am PST 
Please let us know how it's going?? hughughugwishes

I puuuuurrrrring for you!!!
[notify]