GO!

Can anyone tell me some ideas on what breed or breeds my cat is???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Moo Cow

FluffyBoyMook

Purred: Tue Mar 11, '08 3:46pm PST 
I am new to this web site so i dont really know how to do this. But can anyone tell me what type of cat i have. i don tknow where he came from but he looks like a pure bread cat. he has the long hair flat face, big blue eyes. he is in my pictures, if anyone has any guesses thats all im asking for. thanks a lot.
Laura and Moo Cowkitty
[notify]

Tippy

Sweetness galore

Purred: Sun Jul 13, '08 9:08pm PST 
When I got my cat I tried to figure out what breed she is. She has the turkish van coloring but I know she's not that. I found out that there are plenty of mutt-cats with that coloring.

Chances are that if you didn't get your cat from a breeder, it's not a "pure" breed. If it has a flat face, perhaps it has some persian in it's ancestry. Try browsing through the breeds on this page and see what it most resembles:
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds.html.
[notify]

Tippy

Sweetness galore

Purred: Sun Jul 13, '08 9:08pm PST 
Oops! Accidentally posted twice.

Edited by author Sun Jul 13, '08 9:10pm PST

[notify]

Oreo

Fuzzwad

Purred: Tue Oct 7, '08 2:28pm PST 
I'm not very sure what I am! When I saw a Turkish Angora I thought I looked like one, but my family thinks I am a DLH.thinking
[notify]

Stormy- 2000-2009

Tall, Dark, and- Handsome.

Purred: Thu Oct 30, '08 12:35pm PST 
Yours is probably a himilayn mix. Most domestic longhairs aren't mixes with any purebreed though. Yours could have been a Siamese mix but judging the head I'd say Himilayn.
[notify]

Lucky

Purred: Tue Feb 3, '09 11:17am PST 
My vet said when I was rescued that I was 8-9 weeks old and that I was a DMH, however my owners now think with my fascination of knocking over water & playing in it that I might be a Maine Coon, so Mom contaced a breeder and sent a picture & he said maybe a NFC, or 'wegie'...What do you all think I am?
[notify]