GO!

What's with all the new members in the last two days?????

This forum is for Catster members to seek and share advice to enhance participation and make the most of the features offered on the site. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support, the most effective way to get the information to the Techno Cats is to contact Catster Support directly by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Additional help is available at FAQs.

Winter

Did I just hear- the treat jar- rattle?

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '08 8:01pm PST 
Look at the home page for catster - what's with the 2400 + new members for yesterday and 1000+ for today???? Is it a spam bot or are they real members?
[notify]

Apollo (In- Memory)

Love Ya !

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '08 8:05pm PST 
I know we got a bunch of newbies when an article about Catster/Dogster appeared in The Wall Street Journal a few months back. Maybe another article somewhere? wave

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '08 12:08am PST 
There's a thread about that on OM&P (http://www.catster.com/forums/Other_Meows_and_Purrs/thread/497425/1.

The general consensus there is that since so many of the new cats have only one pic and hardly any biographical information but they all seem to be members of the Febreeze group, that the must have joined just to get the freebie.confused

Ellie Mae

Don't hate me- cuz I'm- Beautiful

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '08 9:26am PST 
Reading through that forum almost makes it sound as if they are giving away free samples only as long as they last. And that they might be using the info to get your email addresses. I joined hoping to get a free sample, but if I don't get it I am going to feel very misled. I guess what my mom taught me is true.. There is no such thing as "free" I should have known betterfrown
[notify]