GO!

Purring

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Gizmo

It\'s all about- me!!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '07 2:23pm PST 
I wasn't sure where to put this but does anyone here have a cat that doesn't purr? Cause I dont.
[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '07 7:13pm PST 
I'm a purr machine, but mommy has heard that some cats just don't purr, and that's ok.
[notify]

Cole

Anything- Goes

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '07 7:58pm PST 
I don't purr much that you'd notice.

But then I was sort of mute for a long time, too! Then said "Peep" - maybe it's just the way it is.
[notify]

ishtar- *proud- wobnapt*

monday-again!

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '07 10:05pm PST 
silenced I prefer secret purrs...
Human can feel it (touching my throat) but no one can hear me.
[notify]

Angel Sandy

Always an Angel

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '07 10:22pm PST 
I purr, but very softly. One time, Mistress' mother was sleeping overnight and I sat on Mistress and purred, and her mother was all of a foot away on the other side of a queen-sized bed, and Mistress said "she's purring! Can you hear her?" and the mother said that she couldn't.
I guess she's just used to hearing Squeakers purr, sometimes the mother can hear her purr over the phone!
[notify]

Gizmo

It\'s all about- me!!!!

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '07 11:02am PST 
Thank you all for the comments! ~^_^~ Meow! I thought that there might have been something wrong. Thanks again!
[notify]

VIJAY

Master- Fiend

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '07 1:07pm PST 
Hmmph.

Humans expect us to be all the same based on something they heard. No way.

heh heh

-=VIJAY
[notify]

Lexi

Lexi from- Lexington!!

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '07 8:35pm PST 
I don't purr neither and mommy thinks there is something wrong with me. Once or twice she barely heard me and could feel it in my throat I think but I never purr. Mommy picks me up all the time and pets and sracthes me and I just don't purr. I let out a little yelp for my meow it's real soft. I am almost a year old here in a couple months. Mommy said when I go for my one year check up she is going to ask the vet. Meow

Edited by author Sat Dec 15, '07 8:43pm PST

[notify]

Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '07 10:25pm PST 
Lexi,

sometimes cats just don't purr. I think your meow is the way to show your appreciation, so who needs purring? I'd be more worried if she didn't meow at all.
[notify]

Eeyore - in loving- memory: Jun

If it's for- me....just take- a message!

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '07 6:13pm PST 
Wow, you don't purr much? That's my secret weapon! I jump on mom in the wee hours of the morning, and settle by her face and then purr so loud I wake her up! works every time! Well, a cat has needs you know.....breakfast must happen on time, so it's up to me to wake her......isn't it?laugh out loud
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2