GO!

Why did you get the cat you got?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Chip

Mine! Mine!- Mine! Mine!- Mine!

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 6:56pm PST 
Mommy was in a pet store the day after her kitten, Angel died looking to buy a hamster, knowing she wouldn't be as heartbroken when it died, but still wanting the companionship of an animal.

When she saw me sitting in a cage in the corner, the unwanted kitten of a cat who lived nearby, she summoned up all her courage to meet me and my siblings.

When she reached in to hold what she thought was the cutest cat (a kitten resembling Angel in almost every way), I got in her way and forced her to pick me up instead.

Mommy held me for about 10 minutes. She knew I was her cat. She knew Angel was telling her that I belonged to her, and that she had to take me home.

And so she did.
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 7:06pm PST 
Mom went to the Humane Society shortly after her Furie passed away. Lulu was very sad as she had never been alone before. She would cry out loud all night and all day looking for Furie. Mom wasn't sure if she wanted another kitty but decided to take a look.

She went twice. The first time she asked the volunteers what type would be best and they suggested a young male. Mom had never had a boy kitty before. That day no one really called out so she decided to wait. She finally decided it was time and went early early on a Sunday morning. She got there 1/2 hour before they opened. They had 3 kittens which was not normal for January. You can peek in the kitten room from outside the front door and while she waited she spoted me. It was love at first site for both of us.
[notify]

Zambukka

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 7:55pm PST 
I live with J as her therapy pet. I help her get out of bed in the mornings and motivate her to do stuff. I keep her company and make her feel needed, wanted and loved. Granted, she has her human partner to help with all that now but he wasn't yet in the picture when she adopted me. She got me so she would have a reason to beat her depression and it worked! She has me to thank for the great quality of life she has now.

And her dad takes every chance he gets to remind me that I have HIM to thank for pointing me out in the online ads and driving J over an hour from home to meet me. It was all fate, really.
[notify]

Cleo (The- Queen)

I am the Queen- of the house....

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:24pm PST 
My two-legged sister picked me out. I purred, and ate in front of her. I let her pet me and pick me up. Her mommy was looking at all sorts of cats, but when she saw how good I was to her daughter my mommy said, "We will take this one!" I went right into the carrier, and I only yowled when I got in the car. I hid during the day and then I would come out at night and sleep with my two-legged sister.cloud 9
[notify]

Mysty (The- Princess)

Lay still! I'm- grooming you!

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:34pm PST 
My mommy wanted to get Cleo a friend, and the nice lady said a girl kitty would be best. Mommy looked at a lot of cats, but not me because she thought I was a boy cat. I went up to her, and talked to say hello. She just left to look at other kitties, but then in a bit she came back (She had just found out I was a girl). I ran up to her, and she picked me up. I didn't struggle to get away, and I snuggled her under the chin. I kissed her and purred. Mommy said, "This is the one!" Then she left again. I felt so SAD, but then after a long time (she had to fill out paperwork) she came back to get me, and took me home!!!cheer
[notify]

Snow (In loving memory)

Knothead/Freak

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:39pm PST 
Momma was wanting another kitty because she thought my sister Miss Kitty was lonely while her and daddy were working. So she went to the shelter where I was and looked at all the kitties there. They were all trying to smooze momma and I just sat in the corner ignoring all. Momma asked the lady there what my name was and she told her. Momma called me and I spun around and ran to her. Momma looked at daddy and said this is our new kitty. I gave my sister Miss kitty companionship until she died from Liver failure.
[notify]

George

The Treat- Stealer

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:43pm PST 
Momma got me because Snow was in a deep depression since Miss Kitty died. He would walk around and meow all the time, didnt eat as much and had no intrest in playing. So Momma went to the same shelter she got Snow from and found me. I was scared of everything. Momma said I am purfect and I would be a great fit in the family. She took me home and introduced me to Snow. After a few days Snow was back to his old self and I had a great time playing with him. I still do sometimes but Meekah gives us both a hard time.
[notify]

Meekah

I\\\'m First

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 8:44pm PST 
Momma got me because My auntie Icebox told her about me and she fell inlove with my picture. I came here all the way from Ohio. I love it here and am spoiled rotten. I love to chase my brothers around and give them a hard time. smile
[notify]

Tabby (Tabitha)

Attention hog!

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 11:16pm PST 
Carbon and I were in a "Free Kittens" box in Daddy's hometown. He and Mommy were driving through on their way to the beach, and saw the sign, but didn't want us in the truck for the whole day in 100+ degree weather! We were the only two kittens in the box when they got back to the store, so we went home with them!
[notify]

Carbon

MEOW!

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 11:17pm PST 
I look just like Daddy's friend's kitty, so I was named after him, and Tabby's named after his "sister" cat.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10