GO!

Help, I meow too much!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kissa

Bad luck, my- butt!

Purred: Thu May 24, '07 12:16pm PST 
I'm driving my mommy crazy! Every morning, about an hour and a half before my mommy's alarm goes off, I start meowing all around the room. I'm very loud, and it keeps mommy up. Sometimes she gets me to crawl into bed, so I can be pet and then I will be quite for awhile... but that keeps her up, too, of course! When she finally starts falling asleep, I jump down and start meowing again. I'm not looking for food, because there is always something in my bowl. This is becoming a habit that every day I do this... at 5 am! I've done this before, but then I stopped for awhile... now I'm doing it again. Any advice on how I can stop??
[notify]

Retsina,- 1993-2010

Queen of the- Mansion- (retired)

Purred: Thu May 24, '07 1:07pm PST 
Assuming there's nothing medically wrong (had a vet checkup lately?), what my mommy does when I'm really persistently annoying like that is put me outside the bedroom, close the door, and go back to bed.

After a couple of days, I pretty quickly figure out that the rules haven't changed, and I'm supposed to let Mommy sleep until the alarm goes off.
[notify]

Kissa

Bad luck, my- butt!

Purred: Thu May 24, '07 2:20pm PST 
Yup, I've had a recent check up. I think I might just be lonely, even though I have a sister. Mommy will try locking me out, though the last time she tried that, my sister and I rammed into the door until it opened. We're crafty little ladies. Thanks for the feedback!!
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Thu May 24, '07 3:16pm PST 
I do this to Mommy ALL THE TIME. Generally, I'm a lot worse when I've been missing her and I want more attention. She always tried to spend some time with me before we go to bed, cuddling and having me run around and play. She won't get up or give me any attention in the morning other than letting me snuggle with her, so I've learned to be content with this. Did you just get back from being out of town maybe? I am usually worse when Mommy is back from being away for a few days, even if Daddy took good care of me.
[notify]

Kissa

Bad luck, my- butt!

Purred: Thu May 24, '07 6:20pm PST 
I think it's perhaps because mommy hasn't been around as much on weekends...who knows??? Maybe she'll try the pre-bed extra cuddling and see if that works. Something has to give. Mommy needs her sleep! Thanks for your input. Meow!
[notify]

Frankie

F-Man, PITA- Kitty, Puss- Puss, Frankentin

Purred: Fri May 25, '07 4:10am PST 
I do the same thing and my Mommy and Daddy are getting dark circles under their eyes. When they shut me out it makes me want to Meow louder and bang on the door. Mommy says she has this thing called MS and I'm fatiguing her to death trying to keep Daddy from waking. They use my bad boy squirt bottle but that's starting to be a game for me. I don't like being bad but it's in my nature and all. Mommy needs help too!
[notify]

Sam

Rub my belly!

Purred: Fri May 25, '07 9:20am PST 
I forgot to add: Mommy also has certain toys that I can play with by myelf that do not come out until bed time. I especially like cardboard boxes, and I used to like the catsitter video. That way I have something to ocupy me while she is sleeping and I won't bother her as much. Mommy highly reccommends the catsitter video : )
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Fri May 25, '07 9:54am PST 
I have sent you all invitations to join Little night terrors. This is a great group that my friend Binks started. It is for all us kitties who like to keep our people up at night.

We have passed around quite a few tips to help and there are lots of great links with information. We also have a lot of fun.

The group is open to anyone so come on and join. smile
[notify]

Kissa

Bad luck, my- butt!

Purred: Fri May 25, '07 2:38pm PST 
Mommy slept last night! She paid a lot of attention to me (about an hour or so) right before she went to bed, and then daddy did the same when he came home...I think the double attention calmed me down. One night down.... a zillion more to go! Paws crossed that I continue to be good.
[notify]

♥Winn- ie - The Pooh

Hello- Furfriends, - Diva Kitty Here!

Purred: Sat May 26, '07 6:01pm PST 
Yup, Little Night Terrors Group does have some great support!!!
My furmommie also bought me this sound machine that she puts on each night as I tend to want to meow & cry every morning VERY EARLY, so I sleep outside my meowme's bedroom, but anyhow, the sound machine keeps me feeling better until she gets up & I can see her. Good luck!!!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2