GO!

Now I'm Peeing in the Baby's Room

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Redley

Purred: Tue May 22, '07 8:46am PST 
A few months ago, I was peeing in the house, outside of my litter box. I went to the Dr. to see if there was anything wrong and there wasn't. I was told my actions were behavioral. In the past few weeks, I've pee'd in the baby's room and my parents are very mad. They've locked me and my sister out of the room. Everyone is afraid of what will happen when the baby comes in a month. Has anyone experienced this with a new baby and how have your parents handled it? My parents are very loving.
[notify]

Tiny Krazy

Touch me, I am- happiness!

Purred: Tue May 22, '07 9:10am PST 
I think you are suffering from some sort of adjustment anxiety. I would suggest your parents try to spray the new items in the house with Felaway. Kitty hormones that will make you feel comfortable around the new items. Then they should leave you outside of the room for a day or two, slowly move to letting you see the room (thru a screen) but in for a few more and then finally let you in to mark the room and make it yours. I hope you are fixed because thet could cause another type of marking issue if you are not.

They may also want to slowly move your litter box to a place where you have both privacy AND the ability to see out of the box.

I know it sounds funny, but we cats need to be able to back into a box, not feel like we are being watched, yet at the same time look out from the box to make sure we are safe.

Good luck,
TK
[notify]