GO!

My sweet angel Malaika

Whether a cat dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mara and- Malaika- (twins!)

We love twins!

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 6:48am PST 
On November 30, 2005, Malaika (only 4.5 years old at the time) was diagnosed with chronic renal failure. Her body was hypercalcemic, producing kidney stones for no apparent reason. We were fortunate enough to be referred to NC State, where the most amazing staff of people (and one brilliant vet in particular) worked with her and with us to help prolong her life. She underwent six surgeries, and it looked as if we would have her for a little longer. The last seven months were like heaven to us -- she was thriving, and we cherished every possible minute with her. On Christmas Eve however, she became ill and we rushed her back to NC State. She had a partial obstruction of her ureter (she only had the one kidney left, since one had been removed last May), so surgery was performed once more to see what was going on. Post-surgery, she was doing fine and was enjoying all of the love being heaped upon her by family and staff alike (some staff who had worked with her but weren't even "on the clock" that night actually came in to love on her!). At 1:00 am, however, she apparently had a pulmonary embolism and arrested -- CPR was performed but it was just too late. She went quickly and painlessly, and for that we're so grateful. We know that she is enjoying eternal sunspots now, rolling around and basking, waiting for the day that Mom comes and joins her to give her belly kisses once more.
[notify]

Moses ~In- Loving- Memory~

MoMo

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 9:37am PST 
My heart is so heavy right now for your family. How I wish things could have turned out differently, that Malaika could have had many more years....

Malaika was such a perfect name since it meant 'Angel'. She was always your angel, and still is. Most families could have never gone through all you did to keep her healthy her for as long as you did, but your true and unparalleled love kept her going.

It's not fair Julia, all you've both been through this past year, and if there was anything in this world I could do to help ease your pain, I would do it. But I know only time can help. Marty must be of some comfort right now too, and I'm sure she needs you more than ever.

Sharon and family
[notify]

Daphne

Mommy's Daffodil

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 10:01am PST 
Julia, we're all so comforted by knowing the joy you've had with Malaika these last few months and that she was not suffering. God gave you the strength to take care of her to the best of your abilities and now she is at the Bridge with the rest of our Angels, along with Camilla and Lillie. Bless her and know that she is being well taken care of by all of our sweet, beloved furbabies and that she will never feel pain again. Rest easy, little one.

Our words cannot ease your pain but all of us send our purrs and many hugs to you and your family.
[notify]

Sissy (love- you angel- girl)

Adorably cute &- spoiled!

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 10:28am PST 
Our hearts are all breaking for your family. Oh Malaika we purred so hard for you wishing you would stay healthy and live a happy long life! You were a sweet soul: and we have lost a very dear friend that was precious to so many... however heaven has gained a new precious angel.
It has been such a hard emotional year for your family and we truly hope that 2007 is a happy and healthy one for all of you. With sad goodbyes we wish you lots of sun spots in kitty heaven and warm naps sweet Malaika.
To Mara & Julia and the rest of the family -we hope you know we are & will be there if you need anything, you are cherished friends.
[notify]

Rocky Ann- Forever

Hello Kitty

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 10:44am PST 
Purrs to you Angel Malaika. I'm sorry you had to leave your family so soon but am glad you are in no more pain. You had a family that truly loved you. Hugs to all of them.

Love,
Rocky Ann
[notify]

Daisy

The Bacon Queen

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 11:07am PST 
What a wonderful family you have, Malaika! They love you so much, and I know you know that. I'm sure you will be happy at the Rainbow Bridge.
Purrs and hugs to your family as they go through this hard time.
[notify]

Ele' - Elphaba- Harriott

Pink, please

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 11:29am PST 
Oh Malaika, our hearts go out to your family. We're so sorry you had to go to the Bridge, but we know you are happy and healthy there, making new friends and watching your family. And what a wonderful family for you, to love you and to care for you so much! You will always be their Christmas Angel. Purrs for you all.

Love,
Ele', Gimme, and Ambro
[notify]

ANGEL BUDDIE- ALWAYS- LOVED

Married Fur Love- is the Best Fur- Love!!

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 11:31am PST 
Purr Purr Purr Purr....we will miss our beautiful Earth Friend,
Malaika....now she is a beautiful Kitty Angel....your time on
Earth was short but you made such an impact on all of us,
sweet one.....we will look forward to meeting up with you
when we get there!!
Purr Purr Purr Purr
We love you now and always,
Buddie and McKenna and your friends already in Kitty Heaven,
Mookie, Angel and sweet Ricki
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox
[notify]

Sassy

Yes! I am a- BratCat!

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 11:56am PST 
Malaika, a beautiful Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, now watching over all her beloved family. We know how much you are stilled loved and will be sadly missed by your family. They gave you so much love while you were with them and now will hold you in their hearts forever.
We know you are no longer in pain and have a healthy body now, but it doesn't lesson the hurt your family is feeling by your passing.
Keep watching over them, sweet Malaika, they will need lots of strength to get them through this lose.

Malaika's Mom, just know that as long as you keep her in your heart, she will never be far away from you.

Purrrrrrrs and kitty hugs to all the family,
Sassy and Pepper, also at the Rainbow Bridge
[notify]

PATTAPOUFF - PATTS

I LOVE ZEBA, aka- ZEEBEE,aka- HUNNYBUN

Purred: Sat Dec 30, '06 12:06pm PST 
Dearest Malaika and Malaika's Mommy,
We are so very sorry to hear you crossed the bridge, sweet Malaika !

We just know how your momzie must feel right know.

We send all our love and purries and head bunts to mewr family.

As for you sweetie : chase them butterflies, mousies and bumble bees, let the warm wind ruffle your fluffy coat, let the sweet scents make you dizzy and happy for all the days to come, over there at Rainbow Bridge.

Until we meet again sweetie

Kissies from Patts, Nelson and Praline
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3