GO!

cathay pacific sued after cat abused!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

PUMBA

I'm the coolest- cat in da- village!

Purred: Wed Nov 22, '06 7:17am PST 
beware of Cathay pacific catlovers!!! A poor lady had her prize-winning persian abused on the flight - someone removed 9 of the kitty's 10 claws!!

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&a rt_id=qw1164086102355R131

How horrible are some ppl?????? I hope that person is put in jail.
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Wed Nov 22, '06 12:44pm PST 
I can't find the article - but that's too wierd. All kennel crates have to be secured with ties that you need strong scissors to remove upon landing. The airline is responsible for the pets - so why would someone be stupid enough to try this? I wonder if maybe the cat freaked out during the flight, and while trying to scratch her way out hurt herself? An airline employee hurting the cat is just hard to believe or understand?
[notify]

Smokey

I am the QUEEN!

Purred: Fri Nov 24, '06 12:29am PST 
My understanding was that the cat was hurt after check-in but BEFORE the flight even took off.
[notify]

Kizmit(Aka- Mr Snukims)

IN GOD WE TRUST- ALL OTHRES ARE- SUSPECTS

Purred: Fri Nov 24, '06 2:06am PST 
I tried to pull the information up in meany ways and could not get it to come up it only directed me back to catsters.com so I was wondering where we can view this at?? I am not able to pull it up on the information that was given.
[notify]

Smokey

I am the QUEEN!

Purred: Fri Nov 24, '06 3:51am PST 
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=29&art_id=qw116408610235 5R131&set_id=1
[notify]

Giotto- (angel now)

AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Purred: Fri Nov 24, '06 1:15pm PST 
Wonderful,i hope at least the person responsable will be fired..unfortunately,i'm afraid legally there will be very little consolation for that poor cat and her mom..the law still see us as "things" rather then "creatures who can feel" (both physically or emotionally),so it's like everybody can do as much harm as they want and just get away with a slap on their heads and no much more..that's why is so important to support all those animals's rights groups that are so fiercely fighting to change the way the law look at us...keep us posted about this one,please,i'm really keeping my paws crossed..Giotto
[notify]

Dakota

Kitties are born- to run and be- loved

Purred: Fri Nov 24, '06 5:46pm PST 
My Mom would freek out if this happened to us. Sure don't like the idea of giving anyone custody of us-thats why we stay with our family and never travel unless we are intheir laps.
[notify]