GO!

Please help these kitties...Arizona

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

(Page 1 of 257: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Loki(going to Callie here)

Loki Poki Doki

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 3:48pm PST 
Myself and my house mate kitties need new homes asap, you see our owner is moving to Alaska and as much as she loves us, she can not take any of us with her. WE need help fast also. There are five of us and she leaves Oct 2nd. She has us posted every where and has called every no kill shelter in the state. Sad thing is no one is able or willing to help our mom!! We will end up in a shelter where we will be killed if not adopted fast enough because there is not any way she can take us. We really need help quick, we are in Arizona and if any one has any ideas or can help us PLEASE PLEASE TELL US SOON!! we all thank you for your time and thank you for reading this!! Sincerely,
Loki Poki Doki, Jinx, Awnee, Pe`Pe`& love muffin
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 5:09pm PST 
May I ask why they can't go w/ you? I MAY know of someone who can help... she is in rescue work. I'll ask, but she will definitely want to know reasons.
[notify]

Love (going to BABY-manx here)

I AM THE DIVA- DAAAAHLING!!

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 5:33pm PST 
There are a couple actually, first of all they don't allow cats to come over to this smaller island in Alaska because it is so small and it is only gotten to my boat or plane. There is a huge ferrell population there and they don't allow any cats to come there. That is what I was told by the ferry operator. Also they would be in crates for 3 days on the ferry with me not able to check on them at all per the coast guard regulations. That is after a 3 day car ride to Washington in carriers where we meet the ferry. So six days total in crates, no getting out no nothing. Since they do not allow cats to come over, none of the retals there except cats in their rental agreements, even if I pay a deposit,they wont allow them. I HAVE done my home work and looked for any loop holes but they are very stricked about it. If you know of anyone that could even may be help ....you will be my kittie angel!!!
[notify]

Pe` Pe`(placed in rescue MC)

Clean bowl club!

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 5:38pm PST 
Also let me clear something up, on the ferry they would not just have to be in crates or carriers....they have to be in the carrier left on the bottom floor of the ferry in my mini van. I CAN'T go down and check them out either. I basically have to leave enough food and water and a box open for them for 3 entire days per the coast guard regulations. It is to dangerous for me to go down and check them out if the boat is in motion. That is if the island even let me take them there at all wich they don't soo I am in a situation here~!!
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 6:44pm PST 
I'll see what I can do!
[notify]

Awnee(needs a new home asap)

Awnee girl

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 6:46pm PST 
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, ANYTHING AT ALL WILL BE A BLESSING!!!
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 8:32pm PST 
I got some info from someone regarding the ferries. Let me know if this is the ferry you are planning. Still haven' t heard form the rescue person, but I'll keep checking in.

Cross-posted:
Are you talking about the Marine highway Ferry?
Because I took that up from Washington to Haines, Alaska on my way up and I had both a dog and a cat with me in my hyundai accent. They let me down to the lower part of the ship during scheduled pet calls periodically through the day to walk dogs/visit cats. My pets did just fine. Which Island are you talking about moving to?
[notify]

Love (going to BABY-manx here)

I AM THE DIVA- DAAAAHLING!!

Purred: Fri Sep 15, '06 10:18pm PST 
Sitka Alaska is where I am going. I have a good friend of 22 yrs there. She is where I am getting most of my info about the island itself. She told me NO CATS. I personally have checked into the rentals there and nope no cats no way!!! They WILL NOT RENT TO YOU PERIOD IF YOU HAVE A CAT THERE. I even offered a couple of them large deposits for them....nope won't do it still. So I have a cabin reserved at a resort type place, it is all I could afford and they will not take cats either. So trust me I absolutly can not take them. I have 5 cats.....and 2 labs I can not take the cats. Where will I live there if I took them. NO ONE WILL RENT TO ME WITH CATS...I DO MEAN NO ONE!! I called the alaska marine hwy to reserve my space on the ferry, they said in October you can not go down and check animals as the water at that time is usually to rough, the coast guard wont allow them to. Then my friend in Sitka of 22 yrs told me about Sitka not allowing cats there. Then I found out for myself that no one will rent to you there, not even apartments if you have a cat. My friend told me that is one reason why there ferrell population is so large. People toss their cats out in order to get a place to live, because no one will rent to you with cats there. I went through 6 different rentals and asked about cats. Every single one of them told me if I had cats, I could not rent from them. I was literally in SHOCK, how could a place so animal based and rugged not like a type of animal....it just really took the wind out of my sails. Yes please keep checking with your shelter friend, that would be great if she could help in any way.
[notify]

Teddy

Look at my butt,- see my butt!

Purred: Sat Sep 16, '06 1:35pm PST 
Are you having to move because of the military? I could never, ever move anywhere that didn't allow me to take my children, and I have been in some rough spots before. Have you tried running an ad in the paper...do not put "free to good home" though. Also, flyers at Petsmart, Petco, whatever pet store chain in your area and vet clinics. You can run a free ad in the classifieds on www.petfinder.com they get over one million hits a month. We adopt on that site all the time. I had never heard of catster until recently, but people go to petfinder.com like they do ebay...it is addicting.
Are there no friends or relatives that can help you until a home is found? Can you get on a waiting list at any of the cat rescues? We offer that at least!
If you can't find a home and then take them to a city run animal shelter they will be killed...I just don't understand how you could even think that was an option.
I wish you luck and if I think of any other ways to look for a home, then I will let you know..but if you have not gotten them on petfinder.com you should do that right away!
[notify]

Awnee(needs a new home asap)

Awnee girl

Purred: Sat Sep 16, '06 4:55pm PST 
you don't understand how I can think it is an option because your not in my shoes!!! That is totally unfair to say. I am not here to be judged, I am here for help!! Any help and Iam already on petfinder.com and 3 others. NOTHING....THEY ARE DOING NOTHING to help find them homes!!! We have been posted on those sites for a month and not one cat is at a new home!! I am running out of time...I HAVE 2 WEEKS TO PLACE THEM ALL OR I MUST TAKE OTHER STEPS!!! LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY, I MOVE THERE AND MAKE MONEY OR STAY HERE AND LIVE OUT OF A BOX ONTHE CORNER WHEN I LOOSE EVERYTHING!! So yeah I have tried friends, neighbors, co-workers, several no kill shelters, family, vet offices, web sites and no luck!! No one will help or can help or what ever. 2 weeks is all I have left!!
[notify]

(Page 1 of 257: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]