GO!

Moving Home From Korea

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Oskar

Im taking a nap!

Purred: Thu Jul 13, '06 11:29pm PST 
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the move less stressful for me and my brothers, and sis? Also does anyone know any reliable pet shippers to safely and nicely get us home? Mom is worried about finding someone safe to ship us home.

Suggestions?
[notify]

Sofia

Cuteness- overload!

Purred: Fri Jul 14, '06 9:18am PST 
Oskar, are you and going by yourself or your human are going with you?

Well, recently I moved from Brazil to the USA. Mom did everything all by herself. It wasn't hard. It's a nice thing to check with the airline and see if they have any specific rules about animals travelling by plane. Each airline is different, so the best thing is to call them and ask for information. Mom paid US$ 100 at the airline desk to board me.

Also your human will need to check how the country to where you're going deals with animal entries. The USA officers only ask for a international document attesting the animal health and vaccinations.

I travelled for 20 hours and even so I was really fine at the end.

Good luck!
Sofia
[notify]

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Thu Jul 20, '06 12:01pm PST 
Good Luck Oskar. Keep us posted on how the move is going.

Oskar

Im taking a nap!

Purred: Tue Aug 29, '06 1:23pm PST 
We made it here safely! Mom found a nice Korean lady to ship all four of us together at the same time. Unfortunately we couldn't fly with Mommy and Daddy but we made it there the day after and our parents drove four hours to pick us up at the airport. We were so relieved to get to the hotel and get out of our cages! Now we are all happily nestled into our new home! Thanks for the info
[notify]

Fatso

friendly &- scared

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 6:07am PST 
Hi Oskar. It is ironic that I and my borther Pretty Cat are moving to Korea from Philadelphia. My dad who is bringing us to Korea is VERY concerned about the long trip since we will have to have a lay over in San Francisco to quickly change the plane.

From Korea, are you coming back to the States? Then, you should not have problems regarding inspections as long as you have required documents.

I am concerned about the fact that whether I should be in cabin with my dad or be in cargo. My dad is worried that I will cry all the way and will pee pee or poo poo on the plane which will disturb other passengers. But, if I will be in cargo, I may be freezing (I am traveling with Pretty Cat in December 16th, 2006) or be hurt by wreckless workers who do not care about me. I am traveling with United Air and anyone have any idea what my dad should do?
- Whether we should be in cargo or not.
- If in cabin, what should I do when nature calls.
- Would I and Pretty Cat be ok in almost 15 hour travel?
[notify]

Fatso

friendly &- scared

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 6:08am PST 
Hi Oskar. It is ironic that I and my borther Pretty Cat are moving to Korea from Philadelphia. My dad who is bringing us to Korea is VERY concerned about the long trip since we will have to have a lay over in San Francisco to quickly change the plane.

From Korea, are you coming back to the States? Then, you should not have problems regarding inspections as long as you have required documents.

I am concerned about the fact that whether I should be in cabin with my dad or be in cargo. My dad is worried that I will cry all the way and will pee pee or poo poo on the plane which will disturb other passengers. But, if I will be in cargo, I may be freezing (I am traveling with Pretty Cat in December 16th, 2006) or be hurt by wreckless workers who do not care about me. I am traveling with United Air and anyone have any idea what my dad should do?
- Whether we should be in cargo or not.
- If in cabin, what should I do when nature calls.
- Would I and Pretty Cat be ok in almost 15 hour travel?
[notify]

William- Wallace

Mrrrrrrooooooooo- oowwwwwwwwww

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 6:22am PST 
I was a brave and good kitty when I had MY big long adventure. I was in my carrier for 15 hours and didn't make a mess even once. My second mum sprayed feliway in my carrier and I think that really helped. ALSO when I finally did get home I didn't want to be touched, well for a few hours .. NOW I want all mums attention!

(side note from Willy Wallace's mum - he was flown on Continental and they are FABU with animals.)
[notify]

Fatso

friendly &- scared

Purred: Fri Oct 20, '06 7:56pm PST 
Good! I just ordered the feliway too~

Did you travel in Cargo or in the Cabin? Pretty and Fatso will be traveling in the Cargo..... Worried..
[notify]