GO!

black siamese...? need input on my demanding, adorable cat tumor

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

jadyn liana- macavity-bla- ck

god heard, god- answered, the- mystery cat

Purred: Fri Jul 3, '09 7:09am PST 
jadyn is a black smoke with startling aqua eyes. her feral-except-for-me momcat ayla is pure black with the same eyes, which are crossed, and a kinked tail. realize that responsible breeding got rid of those traits...however, this is very much a "naturally occurring" kitty, and i can't think of a logical reason for crossed aqua eyes and a kinked tail in a chatty, possessive cat and there NOT being siamese ancestry. (one reason momcat ayla didn't make it as an inside kitty is that she was EXTREMELY affronted by having to share me with cats she was not related to...looking for a barn she can dominate or a home with no other cats and option to roam safely if she can't make the jump to completely inside.)
anyway. back to jadyn. eyes are not crossed, but tail does have the tiniest tick of a kink. eyes are aqua. personality is...sigh. oh, i love this kitten! but i call her the cat tumor for a reason. when she is not playing she is attached to me. physically attached. she talks more than i do. actually, i have started talking more (to HER) because she sometimes won't hush even though i'm holding her and petting her unless i hold up my end of the conversation.
shows signs of being extremely trainable. will "give me five" spontaneously and on request. comes when called if i get her attention...her name and a finger wiggle when she looks up, and she trots over like a puppy. with minimal shaping, i could probably get her to fetch.
she likes, likes, LIKES the other kitties...but as regards my roommate, who my other two adore, jadyn is polite but very obviously phoning it in. i have never in my life, until jadyn became a full-time resident, had any cat so FOCUSED on me. it's cool...but can be mildly overwhelming.
odd thing? my other cats don't seem particularly jealous. they LIKE her! almost from the beginning, kaya took a shine to her, and once rhymon got it straight that the kitten was not dangerous (rhymon is afraid of shadows, sneezes, and fuzzy slippers-not exactly bravecat) she started playing with her. a LOT. they even all 3 play together sometimes, which is indescribably cute. it's like jadyn was the missing ingredient for my two semi-ferals...she's great with them, great for them, and simultaneously...my cat tumor, chatterbox, and disturber of my sleep.
i know better than to think there is a magic mute button, and can adjust to the chatter. but this is a level of involvement FROM a cat that i've never had, and would appreciate some advice. even if she's not part meezer-which seems unlikely despite the color, when you add in the rest-this is the breed that matches her delightfully challenging personality...just some pointers? will she always be a cat tumor, or is this a baby thing? could i use her ears to pick up satellite stations or perhaps signals from alien civilizations? is the alternation between silent meow, raspy meow, and wail a form of kitty morse code? what on earth did i do to inspire this level of devotion...and why do i feel so unworthy? just a few pointers...
[notify]

jadyn liana- macavity-bla- ck

god heard, god- answered, the- mystery cat

Purred: Fri Jul 3, '09 11:24am PST 
forgot to add: when agitated jadyn makes this...sound. she sort of sounds like an aggravated puppy with moderate laryngitis, if that makes any sense. i've never heard anything like it...shrug
[notify]