GO!

Am I a Russian Blue?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Nyx

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 2:06pm PST 
Hello, I got this kitten two weeks ago, I named her Nyx. I was wandering if she could be a Russian Blue. I didn't get any papers with her because it was a gift from my aunt, but she fits in all of the breeds characteristics.
I was hoping you guys could help me out! smile

Ok, I'm having some troubles posting the pictures, but you can see them in my profile:
http://www.catster.com/cats/1308641

Edited by author Sat Sep 28, '13 1:16pm PST

[notify]

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 7:38pm PST 
She looks a lot like our Russian Blue (who has papers). Did you find anything more about her?
[notify]

Nyx

Purred: Mon Dec 30, '13 4:03pm PST 
I probably wont be able to get any paper to prove her breed but she's 6 months old now and looks just like any russian blue I googled.. Even her eyes that were a yellowish are now completly green.. I'll take a picture of her and post here! Is there any kind of test or exam to identify the breed? And thank you for your reply, I bet your cat is lovely! wink
[notify]

Luna Blue

Purred: Mon Jan 20, '14 10:01am PST 
She is quite lovely. I answered your post earlier. I think that you can have your pet's DNA tested. I've seen it for dogs, so I'd think it's available for cats. Nonetheless, Nyx is a lovely cat and I bet a wonderful companion.

We got our RB because of my allergies. She's a bit of a terror right now because she's going through a heat cycle. We have to have her spayed soon. We won't receive her "official" papers until we show she's been spayed.
[notify]