Postings by Namerovsky

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Grooming > STINK
Namerovsky

From a- distinguished- line of tabby- cats

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 12:12pm PST 
Oh thank you so much for this. It helps to hear that this got better and they ended up friends.

I was totally wondering that too - could they have missed some testicular tissue or something. How long should it go away in if he is truly neutered?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, May 4 4:49 pm

Grooming > STINK
Namerovsky

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 9:40pm PST 
We've been using World's Best which was what I always used before and it was fine. I am thinking I might want to change brands for this new guy, it just isn't doing well for him.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, May 4 4:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Oh no! Old cat hates new cat!

Namerovsky

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 8:44pm PST 
We just got another cat about 10 days ago - we moved and thought Nems hated it here and was lonely so we got him a "friend." Nems is about a 4 year old shelter cat who was very easygoing.

The new cat is a middle aged (shelter said five-ish, vet says more like 7 or 8, or a really hard living 5) male that was picked up off the street. Super relaxed. Was fostered with other cats and was fine. But since he got home it's nothing but trouble.

Nems went nuts! He stands at the door of the room where the new cat is and screams all day. Once, he slipped by and got in there and got in a HUGE fight with the new one, who cowered in the corner. We never saw this coming, thinking that the other was this tough old street cat, but Nems is bullying him like crazy. Tries to get in and attack him all the time, bangs on the door and twice has gotten it open. We have the new cat totally isolated but still Nems taunts him under the door and the new cat spends most of the day in the blocked off room hiding. He was a total clown/love bug at the shelter. Now they are both miserable.

I feel so bad about all this. I don't love the new cat yet and now everyone is unhappy and I can't take that smell in the house. And I can't take him back, that's the city pound and for an older male cat who is kind of ugly and scruffy that's a death sentence. Any advice? I just feel awful all the time. Will they ever be friends? What can I do if this doesn't work out? I thought that if it's that bad, maybe the new one can kind of live in the yard - I mean, it's not great but taking him back is death for him. What can I do? Will it ever work out?
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, May 5 1:33 am

Grooming > STINK

Namerovsky

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 8:41pm PST 
Our new cat is a middle aged (shelter said five-ish, vet says more like 7 or 8, or a really hard living 5) male that was picked up off the street. Super relaxed. Was fostered with other cats and was fine.

The new cat smells horrible! He's been bathed multiple times. He smells like a horrible tomcat. They neutered him at the shelter in March when he came in, but he was intact through now. He doesn't pee outside the box, but when the room has been closed, the whole room just smells like male cat pee/tomcat. There's no pee anywhere loose - it's just how he smells. Will this go away ever? It's intolerable.

I feel so bad about all this. I don't love the new cat yet and now everyone is unhappy and I can't take that smell in the house. And I can't take him back, that's the city pound and for an older male cat who is kind of ugly and scruffy that's a death sentence. Any advice? I just feel awful all the time. Will they ever be friends? What can I do if this doesn't work out? I thought that if it's that bad, maybe the new one can kind of live in the yard - I mean, it's not great but taking him back is death for him.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, May 4 4:49 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Do you bathe your kitty?

Namerovsky

Purred: Sat Jul 16, '11 5:04pm PST 
YES it helps! I am super allergic to cats, and at first I was not going to let Nems even in the bedroom. But a bath about once every three weeks, and he's fine with me, sleeps in bed, etc, and nothing gets me at all. I know it's time when I start to get itchy/sneezy around him, but nothing like my reaction to a non-bathed cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Backstep, Aug 5 6:28 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Crystal litter - I'm in the store now! Mol
Namerovsky

Purred: Sat Jul 16, '11 11:20am PST 
I did NOT think it was dust free. It does track less, which is why I liked it and used it for quite a while, but when I take the box outside to dump, a HUGE cloud of stinky cat pee and silica dust flew off.

Ultimately, I quit using it because of smell. I think WBCL is better.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Namerovsky, Jul 16 11:20 am

Kitten Corner > What Breed Is My Cat Fudge?

Namerovsky

Purred: Mon Apr 12, '10 10:15am PST 
He looks like ME!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Namerovsky, Apr 12 10:15 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Adopting a cat

Namerovsky

Purred: Mon Mar 8, '10 11:49am PST 
What are your specific worries? It's sort of hard to tell how this could be a bad thing for the cat or either of you?
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by BK, Apr 13 3:29 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Best cat for my adult son?

Namerovsky

Purred: Mon Mar 8, '10 11:48am PST 
Do post the story, we love the adoption stories.

I definitely agree with "Let the cat pick you." The cat that picked me was nothing like what I had in mind...but he's perfect! They know just as well as we do.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 19 5:21 am

Cat Health > Will she Walk Again???
Namerovsky

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '10 2:39am PST 
Have they tried giving her a good high dose painkiller? Sometimes that will let her get up a little. I'm not sure it sounds like spinal damage if she still is using the litterbox, that means she can sense the need to and control it. Does she move the legs at all?

When Namerovsky got hurt, he was mostly like that for quite a while, but I can't remember exactly how long. We could make him move his back feet though.

Also - you don't have to have her put to sleep. She can get a little cart with wheels for her back legs/end.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Sam, Feb 21 6:15 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.