Postings by Maizy

GO!

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Grooming > Ear cleaning
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:30pm PST 
I use epi otic ear wash. You can dip some on a cotton pad, and then wipe the ears. I also put a bit extra on, and squeeze a bit int the ear & squish it around, rather than flood their ears with med. Tigger has an ongoing ear infection with his allergies, and I use this every week. I just used it for Maizy too. The vet prescribed Mometamax drops for her to use 7 days to clear up the infection. I have also seen pre moistened ear pads for kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 15 9:01 am

Behavior & Training > Out of ideas for litter training, please help!
Maizy

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:22pm PST 
First unless you get all the urine, no spray will deter them. Natures Miracle may have to be reapplied several times. The other box that was there before, may smell too much like your other kitty. (do they get along?) Also depending on how old that box is, it might be due for replacement. After a while their claw scratches in the plastic do hold an odor for them. She may not like that litter. Perhaps try a different one in the other box. Was she using it before your other kitty started to use it too? It could be that she prefers her "own" potty. If it is placed where she feels vulnerable, she may not use it. I would maybe go back to the quarantine set up for a few days, to see if you can get things to click back into place. They also sell a sprinkle cat attract herb for the box to help them. It is frustrating, I know. Also has she been to the vet just to rule out a bladder infection, etc.?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Nov 8 3:22 pm

Cat Health > Grazie has a mammary tumor ... surgery or no surgery??

Maizy

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:09pm PST 
That is a tough decision. I am just reading this now, did Grazie have surgery? If so, is the tumor benign? I hope things worked out for you. It is so hard to be torn between wanting to do everything, and what is the best choices. Purrs to you. PLease update the forum so we know how you are!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Nov 8 3:09 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Kitten at uni?

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 5:01pm PST 
There are so many that get left behind when students move out or graduate - I would try doing some volunteer work at a shelter. This way you can get your kitty fix, and you are helping the shelter out, while saving your budget. Create a kitty-fund, to save up for when school is done and you can give a kitty the time & space they deserve. I don't mean to sound snobby, but this way you wouldn't have to worry if you are running late, or need to travel or anything. Shelter kitties (& pups) need love too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Sat 5:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bindi left us suddenly today :(

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:56pm PST 
That is the most heartbreaking. I worry about that for my Tig, as he has HCM, and has this risk. You were able to release her from the pain, she knows that. It is hard when it is so sudden like that, but you make the best choice for her, as much as it was terrible for you. She is now pain free and watching over you - chasing her lizards! purrs to you for peace. huglittle angel
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Oct 12 10:43 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye my sweet boy
Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:52pm PST 
purrs for your loss. That is so awful to get a double whammy like that. May the memories of them together bring you some peace.little angelhug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Oct 2 4:52 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Looking for Advice- Divorce & Moving

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:50pm PST 
I would try to find out why he won't honor that part of the lease. It shouldn't be in there if it is not available. I know that some shelters have programs for those that need temporary homes for their kitties. PAWS Chicago does this. I am so sorry that along with the stress of divorce, you need to deal with this too. Right now you need your kitty as much as he needs you. He is sensing your stress too. I wonder if there is a way to find out if you would have any legal recourse for them not honoring the lease. Some schools have a free legal help department - not sure if yours does. I probably would be doing the same thing - hiding him. What about leaving the tv on or a radio when you are gone? that will help cover any noise, and keep him company? I wish you much luck - sending purrshug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Oct 12 10:22 pm

Food & Nutrition > What are the least expensive brands of grain-free cat food (both canned and dry)?

Maizy

Purred: Thu Oct 2, '14 4:43pm PST 
Maizy eats some dry - Halo Grain-free dry will stay in her tummy. A 6lb bag is $25, but they only eat 1/8 - 1/4 cup of that total each a day. Maizy has mild IBD, so I have to watch what she eats. They all eat grain free wet food - Halo, Pro Plan classic (some types have wheat gluten, so I read them all) I was buying Friskies, but for some reason, Smitty vomits with those - just buy the best grain free that you can afford - that is what matters.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kaylee & Amelia, Nov 1 8:05 pm

Behavior & Training > 3 Cats now! Need help with #2 and #3 getting along!

Maizy

Purred: Tue May 27, '14 9:37am PST 
While it is great that the boys are getting along, honestly a couple days is not a long time for them all to get aquainted. YOur girl, being a little older, needs more time to get used to your latest kitty. Be prepared, as they may never be friends, but her attitude should improve, it just takes patience. Make sure to give her alot of attention, so she knows she is still the princess. I have 3 males & 1 female, she was here first, and honestly doesn;t really like any of the boys. She tolerates them, but will usually growl or hiss at them. You might try rubbing the new kitty with a towel, and let her smell it and get used to the scent when he is in another room. Feliway diffusers are great, they need to be plugged in all the time to work properly. You could also try to play with a wand type toy when they are in the same room, so they are kind of "playing together" I think with much patience and some time, it will get smoother, but as I said those 2 may never be best buds. Good luck!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Jun 6 6:02 pm

Kitten Corner > New kittens, new life, totally lost
Maizy

Purred: Fri May 16, '14 12:38pm PST 
Charmy needs to see a vet. From what I have learned, guardia is a parasite that can cause smelly poopies and may not have shown up yet on or if they tested for it. We all need to keep in mind, that shelter vets, while they do a great job, are most likely overworked, and must see many animals a day. I think kitties get checked for the basics, but it is always a good idea to see your own vet as soon as possible after adopting - just my 2 cents. Kittens can get dehydrated quickly, so it would be a good idea. Maybe even put a little bit of water in their food. Charmy may not be as hungry, or if there is a parasite, it makes their tummy hurt and they aren't as hungry. That's why I suggest the vet visit. If she has a parasite, then Prince too should be tested & put on antibiotics, because he will get them from Charmy. Little ones should be fed as much as they want through the day. They are growing babies! Prince could be crying too because he was not with his Mom-cat long enough. I understand the circumstances, but when they are hand reared, they take some extra attention. (I raised Maizy from 1 week old) He may always be a little more needy or clingy. Best wishes for your new little ones! partywavewelcome
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , May 16 12:38 pm

(Page 1 of 61: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.