Postings by Maizy

GO!

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:10am PST 
I know hardly anyone is around anymore, but Maizy can use some purrs. She has an inflamed liver & pancreatitis from her IBD. Sening purrs to those in need too.
purr purr purrhug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shannara, Jun 26 3:21 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Red Needs Power of the Paw
Maizy

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '15 10:07am PST 
sending many purrs and healing paws your way Red.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cody, Jun 28 6:28 am

Food & Nutrition > What is the best choice of food for a cat with a sensitive tummy? Please help!

Maizy

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:46pm PST 
I feed grain free wet, a tiny bit of dry. Halo brand. I have one with IBD, and another with a touchy tummy, and this works for all.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Apr 16 3:46 pm

Cat Health > Stomach Issues

Maizy

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:44pm PST 
Hello! Maizy (and the 3 boys) eat Halo canned. She does get a pinch of dry, Halo grain free, but only as her night time snack. Any treats I buy are all grain free. She went from 1/2 tab of the prednisolone daily to 1/4 every other day. Can't seem to get it lower, but she is doing well. The supplement also seems to help her. I also feed 4 times a day. I work from home so it is easy for me to do this, but I find that if she eats smaller amounts through the day rather than wolfing down a larger amount (she is tiny, but not a lady when it comes to chow!) it keeps her from vomiting. Once in a while she does get some ProPlan ocean fish - as it is an old favorite and a special treat. SHe keeps her weight steady. Maybe try using the wet food, and if scheduling doesn't permit frequent feeding, give a smaller portion, then wait a few minutes & try more. Funny, but my son had an issue with keeping food down, and I had to do the same with him. I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of this. But perhaps there is something in that food that she just cannot tolerate. Maizy was on ZD diet for a while. The protein is broken down and made easier to digest & absorb. Fair warning it is crazy expensive. She did not stay on it because it seemed to give her gas...in the smelliest of ways... but after a bit, we transitioned over to the Halo, and so far so good. It is just finding the magic combo I guess. You could also try & mix a bit of plain pumpkin (organic preferred) with her food. It helps with both vomiting & any issues with the litter box duties. If you are able to try raw, then by all means give that a try. BK is very knowledgeable in that. Maizy would get "the vapors" and faint if I tried to place anything like that in front of her. She does sometimes eat some plain cooked chicken. I hope that your vet visit will give you some more clues. It hurts when your baby is sick & you can't figure it out that is for sure. And if you do not feel utmost confidence with your vet, then try a new one if you need to. Best to you both!cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 18 12:04 pm

Cat Health > Advice for cat not eating - possibly due to stress

Maizy

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:21pm PST 
Maybe try and put a bit of food JimJam does like to see if he eats. I did have once, Maizy got frightened and hid behind the couch. SHe would not come out and of course I was panicky. I just left the area & kept things quiet, and she did come out & eat, then finally ventured out. Just to be sure though - is he stuck that he can't figure out how to come out? If things do not improve, I agree with CHloe's mom that a vet visit is in order.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 14 7:51 pm

Cat Health > Stomach Issues
Maizy

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:16pm PST 
Did the vet mention IBD at all? The site IBDkitties.net is very good to learn about tummy troubles. Maizy has IBD and is on some prednisolone, but not sure if your vet looked for that issue also. I feed only no grain foods, some of the Hills do have corn, and can be causing tummy troubles. Wet also seems to be a bit more tolerable. I also give Maiz by Vet's Best - hairball control - it has slippery elm, and other soothing herbs to make the tummy happy - no mineral oil or anything. I hope your kitty feels better soon.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Apr 18 12:04 pm

Cat Health > HELP? Anyone with experience with IBD or lymphoma??

Maizy

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:03pm PST 
Maizy has mild IBD, and it surely can be an exasperating illness. I was catching up, and wondered how Chili was doing. She is such a pretty girl!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 13 9:46 am

Cat Health > Unhappy Bottom

Maizy

Purred: Sun Dec 28, '14 2:25pm PST 
She may have just rubbed it raw. Maizy had something similar last spring. A bit of poopy was kind of stuck by her anal gland, and when the vet removed it, the gland emptied. So perhaps the gland is inflamed. As long as she is pooping, peeing & eating and is acting normally, I would think it's ok to wait to see vet Monday. Please let us all know!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Dec 28 8:39 pm

Grooming > Ear cleaning

Maizy

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:30pm PST 
I use epi otic ear wash. You can dip some on a cotton pad, and then wipe the ears. I also put a bit extra on, and squeeze a bit int the ear & squish it around, rather than flood their ears with med. Tigger has an ongoing ear infection with his allergies, and I use this every week. I just used it for Maizy too. The vet prescribed Mometamax drops for her to use 7 days to clear up the infection. I have also seen pre moistened ear pads for kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Amber, Jan 24 5:09 pm

Behavior & Training > Out of ideas for litter training, please help!
Maizy

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:22pm PST 
First unless you get all the urine, no spray will deter them. Natures Miracle may have to be reapplied several times. The other box that was there before, may smell too much like your other kitty. (do they get along?) Also depending on how old that box is, it might be due for replacement. After a while their claw scratches in the plastic do hold an odor for them. She may not like that litter. Perhaps try a different one in the other box. Was she using it before your other kitty started to use it too? It could be that she prefers her "own" potty. If it is placed where she feels vulnerable, she may not use it. I would maybe go back to the quarantine set up for a few days, to see if you can get things to click back into place. They also sell a sprinkle cat attract herb for the box to help them. It is frustrating, I know. Also has she been to the vet just to rule out a bladder infection, etc.?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Nov 8 3:22 pm

(Page 1 of 62: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.