Postings by Maizy

GO!

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > 3 Cats now! Need help with #2 and #3 getting along!
Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue May 27, '14 9:37am PST 
While it is great that the boys are getting along, honestly a couple days is not a long time for them all to get aquainted. YOur girl, being a little older, needs more time to get used to your latest kitty. Be prepared, as they may never be friends, but her attitude should improve, it just takes patience. Make sure to give her alot of attention, so she knows she is still the princess. I have 3 males & 1 female, she was here first, and honestly doesn;t really like any of the boys. She tolerates them, but will usually growl or hiss at them. You might try rubbing the new kitty with a towel, and let her smell it and get used to the scent when he is in another room. Feliway diffusers are great, they need to be plugged in all the time to work properly. You could also try to play with a wand type toy when they are in the same room, so they are kind of "playing together" I think with much patience and some time, it will get smoother, but as I said those 2 may never be best buds. Good luck!wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Jun 6 6:02 pm

Kitten Corner > New kittens, new life, totally lost
Maizy

Purred: Fri May 16, '14 12:38pm PST 
Charmy needs to see a vet. From what I have learned, guardia is a parasite that can cause smelly poopies and may not have shown up yet on or if they tested for it. We all need to keep in mind, that shelter vets, while they do a great job, are most likely overworked, and must see many animals a day. I think kitties get checked for the basics, but it is always a good idea to see your own vet as soon as possible after adopting - just my 2 cents. Kittens can get dehydrated quickly, so it would be a good idea. Maybe even put a little bit of water in their food. Charmy may not be as hungry, or if there is a parasite, it makes their tummy hurt and they aren't as hungry. That's why I suggest the vet visit. If she has a parasite, then Prince too should be tested & put on antibiotics, because he will get them from Charmy. Little ones should be fed as much as they want through the day. They are growing babies! Prince could be crying too because he was not with his Mom-cat long enough. I understand the circumstances, but when they are hand reared, they take some extra attention. (I raised Maizy from 1 week old) He may always be a little more needy or clingy. Best wishes for your new little ones! partywavewelcome
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , May 16 12:38 pm

Cat Health > My kitty with IBS or something else.

Maizy

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 2:01pm PST 
Maizy too has some thickening, and was vomiting. We elected not to do an endoscopy and tried the pred. She takes 1/2 every other day and has gained weight and is doing great. The vet was pretty positive that it is mild IBD. If it was cancer, she would have gotten sicker already. Crossing paws for you too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 20 5:08 pm

Cat Health > How to file a grievance against a Vet in Nassau, New York

Maizy

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 8:43am PST 
I just had a whole post listing some sites, and I got the "bad words" error. Anyways, I did a search online "how to file a complaint against a vet in New York" came up with a bunch including the state site, and several others that give you steps along with a couple blogs from others that have done the same thing. You can also look at the ASCPA website, and they have info too.
You did the best you thought at the time - and you were failed by this vet. I hope that this new one can help your kitty. We are their advocates,so keep fighting! Good Luckhug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucca, Apr 3 11:23 am

Kitten Corner > Malnourished Kitty and tummy troubles

Maizy

Purred: Fri Mar 21, '14 1:47pm PST 
Now you will see how great your life will be with a family that loves you! Just wondering what the vet had to say about Luna. You are taking such good care of her! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Mar 21 1:47 pm

Cat Health > Cats nose
Maizy

Purred: Wed Mar 19, '14 2:21pm PST 
oh goodness he is so darned cute! It almost looks like a rub mark from poking his nose in something. It doesn't seem red or anything. I would keep an eye on it, and if it gets worse or doesn't go away, have a vet look at it to be safe.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Milo Reyna, Mar 19 10:12 pm

Cat Health > Can someone help my mommy?

Maizy

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '14 2:27pm PST 
Do you eat wet food? That has alot of moisture in it, and you can add a little extra water to it. Some kitties like a fountain. Mine love theirs. If all fails, you can try a bit of tuna water or no salt chicken broth to get some fluids down.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 16 7:50 pm

Cat Health > My kitty is so so sick. FIP

Maizy

Purred: Thu Mar 13, '14 8:31am PST 
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Is your vet willing to make a house call? Many of them do, and then she could be at home in a familiar place when it is time for that final journey. I think it would be a little easier for you both. We send you thoughts & purrs at this difficult time. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Wolfgangg, Mar 20 8:35 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > New Angel Shelby

Maizy

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 10:13am PST 
sending purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Feb 19 10:13 am

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Maizy

Purred: Mon Feb 17, '14 2:02pm PST 
Purrs for everyone in need. For those ill, and those that have been lost.
And I would like to add special purrs for everyone that helped fight for Catster. Not everything is known, but it sure feels good to see that us little guys can indeed sometimes win. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Paisley, Aug 9 1:46 pm

(Page 1 of 60: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.